Bath products QM2 queen’s grill

JSR

Ok so this is one of those posts I’d laugh at, so please know I’m laughing at myself. 

I would like to know what bath products and what brand are used on the Queen Mary2?  Especially if they have bar soap and what shampoo and conditioner they provide . If anyone knows this currently, I’d appreciate it. We sail next week. I’m currently on Silversea moon and really like their products. I could ask my steward for an extra set or bring the open ones…hmm 

thanks for the help. 

Unless they d changed them, it says Penhaligon's in the brochure, I believe. Bar soap and conditioner are available on request, along with various other things which used to be already in the cabin - nail sets, cotton wool, sewing kits, etc.

4 minutes ago, BigMac1953 said:

The squirtie out of the bottle stuff is fine. You really don't need a bar of soap (in a wrapper). It's much more convenient.

A matter of taste. I find it slimy and horrible, and much prefer the bar soap, which is, incidentally, supposed to be less polluting. So I do need a bar of soap.

• Like 1

I loved the bar soap that Cunard used to stock.  Is it still available on request?  I always brought the leftovers home and savored the smell for another several months.  

11 minutes ago, alc13 said:

I loved the bar soap that Cunard used to stock.  Is it still available on request?  I always brought the leftovers home and savored the smell for another several months.  

I requested and received it on QE in April. There was a booklet in the cabin with a  list of things available. Bars of soap were one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, glanders said:

In a Q4 now on QE. Products are Penhaglion Quercus. Nice smell. We didn't ask about bar soap and just bought a bar when we got to Juneau. 

Also Penhaligon Quercus which is available in all staterooms is also very expensive. My wife loved it on our last cruise on QE and said she would like to buy some when we got home. On searching the internet and seeing the price I convinced her that Aldi was just as nice and better for the environment and my wallet 😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BigMac1953 said:

The squirtie out of the bottle stuff is fine. You really don't need a bar of soap (in a wrapper). It's much more convenient.

I need the bar soap for shaving! 

35 minutes ago, Petulia said:

Lol……Major Tom

Aww, I think you need to treat your good lady wife to a nice bar of Molton Brown or L‘0ccitane instead then…. 😄

I might as a treat for Christmas and for a change form Aldi I might buy her ONE bar of Imperial Leather.

• Haha 1

Thank you. I am not familiar with this brand but will give it a try. May see if my steward will give me a set from here just in case. I do have my own shampoo and conditioner with me but it wasn’t a good match for the humid climate that I’m not used too. 

I used to swear by bar soap until Jane introduced me to bath/body buffs now a squeeze of liquid soap on one lathers up nicely in the shower.

Edited by rakkor