Earliest Boarding Time in Barcelona ?

I think you will find this to be totally determined by your cruise line and the specific logistics of that particular day.  Boarding times will vary with the circumstances.  Some cruise lines assign you a specific boarding time.  Has your cruise line told you what time to you are permitted to arrive?

A ship will not start boarding until it has arrived, cleared any customs/immigration protocols, fully disembarked current passengers (this is an unpredictable amount of time), etc.

The 2 times I have sailed from Barcelona, we were let into the building for checkin around 10am.  We started to board the ship around 11:30am.  Once on NCL and once on Royal Caribbean, but both had similar timing.  This was all pre-Covid.

Edited by MeHeartCruising
  • Like 2

Yes, determined by the Cruise Line.  I would ask them, not Cruise Critic.

We were on Viking, and soonest we could board was 11:00 AM once and another time it was 1:00 PM.  So it also depends on the specific itinerary among other things.

• Like 1

I agree with the previous posters. You need to contact your specific cruise line since they are the ones who decide when embarkation begins. 

I am sailing a week from Monday out of Barcelona and on my cruise, boarding begins at 2:00pm.

• Like 1