Symphony of the Seas - Earliest to disembark-carrying off luggage

I am on the Symphony of the Seas in October and my flight has been changed to 10:02 a.m. and it would cost $800 more for us to leave later.   I am having a private car pick us up at the port to take us to the airport to save a lot of time.  What is the earliest you have been able to disembark Symphony of the Seas?  Will I be ok?

You did not say which airport you were flying out of. We were on the. symphony in November. We had a 10:30 flight out of FLL.  We were able to walk off about 7:15 and were through customs and curbside by 7:45.  We use a. Shuttle to get to FLL and were there by 8:45.  If you are flying from Mia you should have no issue getting to the airport before 8:30 as long as you walk off at the earliest possible time and the ship is not late of suffers a customs delay.   

Edited by volk904

16 hours ago, volk904 said:

You did not say which airport you were flying out of. We were on the. symphony in November. We had a 10:30 flight out of FLL.  We were able to walk off about 7:15 and were through customs and curbside by 7:45.  We use a. Shuttle to get to FLL and were there by 8:45.  If you are flying from Mia you should have no issue getting to the airport before 8:30 as long as you walk off at the earliest possible time and the ship is not late of suffers a customs delay.   

Thank you - we are flying out of Miami.  I am hoping we are good, I plan on walking off as soon as they will let us.

• Like 1

We were on Symphony with  a 10:45 flight on May 7. I think the time for carry off luggage was 7:00 a.m.???  We went to the location a little early and people were lining up and we basically joined in the line and walked off.  We took a cab and had no problem getting to the airport on time. We were there in enough time that I’m sure we could have made a 10:00 flight. We did have propriety checkin and TSA precheck.  I had done online checkin the day before and was going to use the kiosk for luggage and I think that option would have been better than stand in line for regular checkin, as it looked longer, but it might have moved quickly. There was also curbside checkin (American Airlines) which might be a time-saving option, too. 

My advice is get to the location for walk off luggage early and get to front of line. The actual drive to the airport was a quick. When we got off Explorer in Miami on the first leg of our B2B we knew people that had earlier than 10:00 a.m. flight and they made it.

Good luck!

Shirley

14 hours ago, Rondo said:

We were on Symphony with  a 10:45 flight on May 7. I think the time for carry off luggage was 7:00 a.m.???  We went to the location a little early and people were lining up and we basically joined in the line and walked off.  We took a cab and had no problem getting to the airport on time. We were there in enough time that I’m sure we could have made a 10:00 flight. We did have propriety checkin and TSA precheck.  I had done online checkin the day before and was going to use the kiosk for luggage and I think that option would have been better than stand in line for regular checkin, as it looked longer, but it might have moved quickly. There was also curbside checkin (American Airlines) which might be a time-saving option, too. 

My advice is get to the location for walk off luggage early and get to front of line. The actual drive to the airport was a quick. When we got off Explorer in Miami on the first leg of our B2B we knew people that had earlier than 10:00 a.m. flight and they made it.

Good luck!

Shirley

Thank you - we are flying American - so if everything goes well I am not as concerned.

if customs is backed up you might have issues- and depending upon airport crowd another problem.  An option could be spend the night at a reasonable hotel for around $225 and then fly out the next morning if you can.  Based on the problems now with airline employee shortage, you are cutting it close.  Good luck.