First Millenium class cruise

jerbeth

We have sailed many times with Celebrity but never on a Millenium class ship. We are booked on the Summit in October for the Boston-Miami cruise. Our favorite venue for pre-dinner drinks has always been the Sky Lounge where the Elite cocktail party used to be held.  I know that things have changed and that drinks are pre-loaded on your key card to use anywhere throughout the ship. Does anyone know if the Sky Lounge is being used as a bar or just a nightclub?  If in use as a bar what are the hours of operation?  I don’t see it mentioned when I look at the Summit information on the Celebrity website.  Thank you for any information you can provide.

Sky Lounge bar will be open for pre-dinner drinks.    I'm sure the hours change but I would expect it to be open by 5 pm.   We tend to meet up there 5 - 5:30.   Rendezvous Lounge is another nice place for pre-dinner drinks as it is adjacent to the dining rooms.   We are also on that sailing, hope you are on the roll call.

I agree with what wrk2cruise wrote.  As for us, we actually enjoy the Rendezvous Lounge the most of any lounges on M or S class ships (with the exception of sailing in Alaska, where a Sky Lounge view is awesome).  It's much more comfortable in our opinion than the lounge on S class, and fairly large but more intimate than the Sky Lounge. 

Thank you both for the information, you have made us happy campers.  One of the things we enjoy so much ain the Sky Lounge is the wonderful view.  We also have met many lovely people and have developed lasting friendships.

I will register for the roll call wrk2cruise.

29 minutes ago, jerbeth said:

Thank you both for the information, you have made us happy campers.  One of the things we enjoy so much ain the Sky Lounge is the wonderful view.  We also have met many lovely people and have developed lasting friendships.

I will register for the roll call wrk2cruise.

My understanding is that on Celebrity (unlike RCI) drinks are not "loaded" on you stateroom card but it is "open" bar for 2 hours (w/o the drink package) . Correct me if I am wrong.

16 hours ago, swooldri said:

My understanding is that on Celebrity (unlike RCI) drinks are not "loaded" on you stateroom card but it is "open" bar for 2 hours (w/o the drink package) . Correct me if I am wrong.

It's not quite an "open bar."  There is a particular menu you can select from.  Other than that, you are correct.