Meraviglia - Yacht Club Questions, Haven't Sailed since 2019

js

Hi.

Although I was sailing in the YC on Seaside when it came to Miami each year with my mom, the last I sailed was February 2019 and then Covid hit.

So, I haven't sailed since 2019.

My dh is looking for us to possibly book Meraviglia out of New York next year in the YC. I do know from these boards from 2019 (last time I was on was about 2020 when I had to cancel my NCL Escape Haven cruise) that the Mera YC cabins are on the opposite side of the ship. 

Is the drink package and spa still included in the YC? Does the Mera have cabanas to rent on the pool deck like the Seaside?

Besides not having a cabin in the actual YC Proper, are there any other cons?

Thank you.

11 minutes ago, js said:

Hi.

Although I was sailing in the YC on Seaside when it came to Miami each year with my mom, the last I sailed was February 2019 and then Covid hit.

So, I haven't sailed since 2019.

My dh is looking for us to possibly book Meraviglia out of New York next year in the YC. I do know from these boards from 2019 (last time I was on was about 2020 when I had to cancel my NCL Escape Haven cruise) that the Mera YC cabins are on the opposite side of the ship. 

Is the drink package and spa still included in the YC? Does the Mera have cabanas to rent on the pool deck like the Seaside?

Besides not having a cabin in the actual YC Proper, are there any other cons?

Thank you.

Not sure what you mean about "opposite" side of the ship.  If you are referring to the end of the ship, the YC on Meraviglia, like Seaside is in the fore (front) section of the, with YC cabins on decks 14, 15, 16, and 18.  Like Seaside, the Top Sail Lounge is on 16, and the restaurant is on deck 18.   Drink package is the high end Premium Plus, which includes most drinks, but not all like we had on Seaside back in the day.  Spa access is still included.n Not sure what you mean about not having a cabin in YC proper.  There are some deluxe suites on decks 12&13 that are outside of the YC area, but include YC benefits and access.  Are you thinking about those?

1 minute ago, js said:

Hi.

Am I correct that the cabins are in the YC for the Mera?
I thought they were on the other side of the ship.

Maybe that is the Divina?

Thank you.

You may be thinking about the YC dining, and end (fore/aft)versus side (port/starboard) of the ship.  For Divina, the YC restaurant is in the back or aft of the ship.  For Seaside and Meraviglia, the YC restaurant is in the front, above the lounge.

As far as cabins YC cabins are all in the secure YC complex (with the exception of 12 cabins on Meraviglia split between decks 12 & 13).

4 minutes ago, JAGR said:

Not sure what you mean about "opposite" side of the ship.  If you are referring to the end of the ship, the YC on Meraviglia, like Seaside is in the fore (front) section of the, with YC cabins on decks 14, 15, 16, and 18.  Like Seaside, the Top Sail Lounge is on 16, and the restaurant is on deck 18.   Drink package is the high end Premium Plus, which includes most drinks, but not all like we had on Seaside back in the day.  Spa access is still included.n Not sure what you mean about not having a cabin in YC proper.  There are some deluxe suites on decks 12&13 that are outside of the YC area, but include YC benefits and access.  Are you thinking about those?

THANK YOU very, very much!

Maybe I am confused with Divina? This really helps with my dh's decision regarding the YC.
We LOVE NCL Haven but my dh is willing to give YC a try, with the price difference.
We do like the nightlife on NCL. I didn't experience much of nightlife on MSC because I sail this line with my mom and we are usually in the cabin between 10-11. My dh and I like to go out and have some drinks and I love to dance.

Possibly because it will be leaving out of NY, there will be more livelier group (I'm a NY'er myself LOL).

1 minute ago, JAGR said:

You may be thinking about the YC dining, and end (fore/aft)versus side (port/starboard) of the ship.  For Divina, the YC restaurant is in the back or aft of the ship.  For Seaside and Meraviglia, the YC restaurant is in the front, above the lounge.

As far as cabins YC cabins are all in the secure YC complex (with the exception of 12 cabins on Meraviglia split between decks 12 & 13).

Fabulous!

THANK YOU!

Back to see what cabins are available.
Thank you again!

Do the YC cabins on Deck 16, go straight into the lounge area?
For instance, 16001 and 16002.  On Seaside, 16001 didn't have access and you had to walk around to the other side.

Thank you so much!

We have done Meraviglia, in the YC, 3 times.

As JAGR mentioned, the enclave of the YC is forward , top decks of ship.

Some YC suites, like the Duplex Suites, are aft. Still receive YC benefits.

2 Royal Suites have a cabana reserved for their use on the YC pool deck.

This leaves 1 that can be purchased for daily use.
there are only 3 cabanas on board.

All cabanas at Ocean Cay must be paid for use, including the Royal Suites.

Best drink package, WiFi and spa access still included in YC booking.

Meraviglia recently had a refresh so, should be beautiful. As usual😁

Edited by phissy

7 minutes ago, phissy said:

We have done Meraviglia, in the YC, 3 times.

As JAGR mentioned, the enclave of the YC is forward , top decks of ship.

Some YC suites, like the Duplex Suites, are aft. Still receive YC benefits.

2 Royal Suites have a cabana reserved for their use on the YC pool deck.

This leaves 1 that can be purchased for daily use.
there are only 3 cabanas on board.

All cabanas at Ocean Cay must be paid for use, including the Royal Suites.

Best drink package, WiFi and spa access still included in YC booking.

Meraviglia recently had a refresh so, should be beautiful. As usual😁

Thank you very much! I think we will be booking Mera!

3 minutes ago, phissy said:

, 16001 and 16002 are at end of the hallway.
There is a door there and you can access lounge right from the doorway, not needing to go down hallway

Thank you! So both sides have access? That is great news? On Seaside only one side.

52 minutes ago, js said:

Thank you! So both sides have access? That is great news? On Seaside only one side.

Yes, I did meant to say that.  I know on the Seaside you preferred 16002  or 04.  The difference with Meraviglia from Seaside is that you can enter the lounge freely from both sides of the ship.

Edited by JAGR

1 minute ago, JAGR said:

Yes, I did meant to say that.  I know on the Seaside you preferred 16002  or 04.  The difference with Meraviglia from Seaside is that you can enter the lounge freely from both sides of the ship.

This is perfect news! You are correct too. I did enjoy those cabins very much on Seaside!

Thank you so much!

It will be a difference experience for my dh who likes to sail NCL Haven but he doesn't want to be with the crowds and willing to give YC a try. I love it!

3 hours ago, js said:

This is perfect news! You are correct too. I did enjoy those cabins very much on Seaside!

Thank you so much!

It will be a difference experience for my dh who likes to sail NCL Haven but he doesn't want to be with the crowds and willing to give YC a try. I love it!

I formally used to always travel NCL and experienced Haven on the Getaway.  I have now sailed Meraviglia in the Yacht Club three times and find it a better overall experience than the Haven.  My first trip on Meraviglia, I stayed in one of the forward facing YC Deluxe Suites and made a video.  You can see it HERE.