How was your recent experience on Silver Spirit?

C-sea

We are considering Silverseas Cruises (1st time) Silver Spirit for a last min. booking (2 weeks from now).  We have lately enjoyed cruising (during pandemic) Crystal and Viking Ocean. It seems as the months go by, many cruise lines are having a harder time keeping the quality of their product (service and provisions) up to their standards. How is SS Spirit faring lately? Thanks!

6 minutes ago, zqtchas said:

service has been good. they run out of some provisions before the end of the voyage.

special requests are handled quite well. meal tables have been closer together than usual. 

please... why would meal tables be closer than usual?

50 minutes ago, C-sea said:

We are considering Silverseas Cruises (1st time) Silver Spirit for a last min. booking (2 weeks from now).  We have lately enjoyed cruising (during pandemic) Crystal and Viking Ocean. It seems as the months go by, many cruise lines are having a harder time keeping the quality of their product (service and provisions) up to their standards. How is SS Spirit faring lately? Thanks!

I will let you know, we board Friday.

• Thanks 1

We were on board last November. Not recent enough fpr my liking, but we had a great trip.

Lots of food and other photos on my trip report - if you want to get a sense of what it was like. See link in my signature. 

• Thanks 1

We have recently returned from a trip on the Sprit. In fact our second since Covid. Overall thoroughly enjoyed it especially the service except possibly our butler who with 15 rooms was stretched to offer the outstanding service we have had before. Food was generally good and did not notice anything running out. Especially enjoyed Hot rocks and the Pizza restaurant for lunch. Did notice a lack of management supervision especially when things go wrong. This has always been a strength of SS. The real negatives were the transfers to and from airports coupled with the handling of Covid pier side. They certainly have to get the trips organised now that they are included. Long waits, very full tenders made them less enjoyable. As the cruise was in the Mediterranean expected some entertainment on deck, possibly sail away but nothing . Did lack the fun element that we have had before on both SB and SS. 

• Thanks 1

I sailed her back in October so it has been quite a few months......loved that cruise. It was my first time to Lisbon and The Azores...it was great😀

• Like 1

Got off Spirit last Friday. First time SS passenger.

One area that I thought SS did particularly well was the included excursions. Plenty of choices, the descriptions were excellent, and they were never crowded. 

If this is an area of particular interest to you, it may be worth enquiring of the availability of excursions before booking. I am one of those who book ages in advance, and then book excursions the minute they become available. 

We enjoyed our first time cruise with SS, some small gripes, but overall worth what we paid but felt our cruise lacked any  real "wow" moments often associated with a top end cruise line.

Would we go again, yes we would, if the itinerary and price was right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We too returned on Friday and had a really good time.  The weather was superb and we spent nearly all our time outdoors which meant our use of all the dining options suffered and we ate four dinners in La Terraza.

This was our second trip on SS this year the first being early April and on both occasions service and dining excellent,  It was more retlaxed this time as mask wearing and social distancing was eased,   Masks. only at boat drill which was at yout muster station, theatre and on tenders.  I have to say that was all good though I have to say I felt, and was pleased about, that people were still cautious and there was more sitting around in pairs rather than large groups in most cases.  Staff still wore masks.

Our butler was excellent, the best of three we have had and the other two werevery good.  If she was at the other end of the corridor when we returned to our cabin she would rub all the way to get m the door open (I am disabled and use a rollator, and then she would ask if we would like tea or coffee.   Never had that before and she also sorted many other things.  Thinking about it I never had to go to guest relations about anything.   We are very low maintenance and apart from asking for a bed topper and a stool for the shower asked for nothing else, it was all about what she thought we needed,   That is what I call service.

I love Silversea and am back in October, again on SS.  I would love to try one of the other ships but dates have never fallen right.  I agree their was perhaps not wow factor  but think Silversea and trying not to tun risks of crowding people together yet.

Yes I too think the included  excursions were good ones though actually we probably prefer to do out own thing and feel a group excursion every day is too much.

I will end by saying we went on Seabourn in March and we were not happy.  In my mind the two are not comparable 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

All set!  If all goes well, we will be onboard Silver Spirit for 15 days starting July 10th. Thank you for taking the time to share your recent cruise experiences. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, C-sea said:

All set!  If all goes well, we will be onboard Silver Spirit for 15 days starting July 10th. Thank you for taking the time to share your recent cruise experiences. 

See you there (hopefully!) after jumping through all the travel and testing hoops!

• Like 1

My wife and both in our late 60's I did our first silversea cruise 10 days Athens- Athens in May on Spirit we have previously done 20 + cruises on various other cruise lines. Overall we enjoyed it most nights meal was lovely, short of some wines my wife preferred and not quite the choice of rums for me that I have seen on other ships. Our butler and cabin maid were good but we never asked for anything extra anyway. Excursions were good and well organised. What did strike us was a distinct lack of atmosphere at nights especially on the ship, where a few would sit and listen to the lady pianist or the jazz band. At 10 pm we went and watched the show that was on but only about 40 /50 bothered turning up each night.About a  mad dozen would then make there way up to the disco! up the top.😊  We knew it would be nothing like a bigger ship but were surprised how very low key it is. After the long day trip into Jerusalem half the ship seemed to dissapear for 2 days.! Still debating if we would do it again or not, price and intinary will decide.

Edited by eric4395
  • Thanks 1

On 6/28/2022 at 3:28 PM, eric4395 said:

We knew it would be nothing like a bigger ship but were surprised how very low key it is.

Yes, the vast majority of SS passengers do not choose to sail the line because of their nightlife options.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2