How can I find out dress code events for the Panorama?

juanarcin

Going on the Panorama  in December for  a 7 day cruise with a group of 14. My wife and I are the only ones who have cruised so 12 first timers are looking to us for advice and questions. The subject came up of formal night and white clothing (on a recent cruise on the Oasis), and we were asked how they could learn of the different themes that might happen during the cruise so they could prepare. We have no idea as we rarely participate in formal night or the white theme, so we dont prepare for those nights. Any idea how those in our group who are interested can get info on upcoming dress themes?

Carnival is pretty laid back. For me on formal nights, I wear kaki or navy blue dockers, long sleeve dress shirt, nice shoes and a tie. My wife wore dressy slacks(black) & a nice top with fancy sandals. We wore the same attire in the Steakhouse, as it was a more formal atmosphere. The guy who sat at the next table wore cargo shorts, flip flops, and a Hawaiian shirt though. On casual nights in the MDR, I wore either shorts or blue jeans with a polo collared pull over. Wear what you usually wear when you go out to eat at home. :classic_wink:

• Thanks 1

Ill be on panorama tomorrow ill keep an eye out for dress nights and report back.  

I think formal nights are day 2 and 6, but dont quote me on that.  

Enough people dress up that youll have fun.  I wear a suit daily back home so i go the opposite way onboard a ship, im shorts and tshirt dude next week.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

You can get the Fun Times from the 4/30 sailing here. That should give you a good idea.

Thank you so much! this shows 2 casual nights. I think this is exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

2 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Carnival is pretty laid back. For me on formal nights, I wear kaki or navy blue dockers, long sleeve dress shirt, nice shoes and a tie. My wife wore dressy slacks(black) & a nice top with fancy sandals. We wore the same attire in the Steakhouse, as it was a more formal atmosphere. The guy who sat at the next table wore cargo shorts, flip flops, and a Hawaiian shirt though. On casual nights in the MDR, I wore either shorts or blue jeans with a polo collared pull over. Wear what you usually wear when you go out to eat at home. :classic_wink:

I've sailed with carnival and am very familiar with how laid back they are! I dont go all out on formal nights, I just have a regular button up shirt. but I was surprised to learn many in my group were very interested in dressing up, so I thought I'd get some info for them. thanks

1 hour ago, havanadaydreaming said:

Ill be on panorama tomorrow ill keep an eye out for dress nights and report back.  

I think formal nights are day 2 and 6, but dont quote me on that.  

Enough people dress up that youll have fun.  I wear a suit daily back home so i go the opposite way onboard a ship, im shorts and tshirt dude next week.  

I saw someone posted the Fun Times and it does show 2 formal nights. I thought there would only be one, but that was helpful to learn. Thanks for keeping an eye out, I'm curious to see what you find out on your cruise, I'm envious, wish i was going this week haha, have fun!!

Carnival typically does a deck party or bar parties themed to any holiday that is happening on the cruise.  St Patty's, Mardi gras, Halloween, etc.  There's also usually a glow or mega deck party that we just pack a few fun glow necklaces and things like that.  A white shirt would be good if they have a white party but I think on my recent 3 cruises, it's more of an 80s glow or mega deck party type event.

You can search for fun times a few weeks before your cruise sails to give you an idea. Good Luck.