Transfer from Rotterdam port to Amsterdam airport

ilv4cruising

Hi everyone,

I'm doing some flight planning on our cruise that will end in Rotterdam.  Most of the best flights I can find to get home (Toronto, Canada) leave from Amsterdam.

We have never cruised into Rotterdam.  What is the best way to get from Rotterdam to Amsterdam airport.  NOTE: needs to be "easy" as my husband has some back issues so we don't want a lot of "challenges".

Thanks in advance

Easy is the HAL transfer.  Currently the airport is having huge backlogs and waits are tremendous.  I was just on their website and they are recommending arriving 4 hours prior to flights.  
Consider that HAL transfers usually don’t leave the ship until 9 or 9:30, allot 30 minutes to get to the airport.  Taxis are pretty pricey by North American standards, expect to pay $75+ for a taxi/Uber.   

I prefer staying at one of the airport hotels and leaving on the early flights the next day (10-2).  In that case you could take the HAL transfer with a tour or do your own driver with a full day tour 

• Like 1

I was not on the airports website, but was recently (last month) in Schipol and it was a true mess.  In fact it was so bad that our KLM pilot actually came out of the cockpit and a made a speech apologizing for both his airline and home airport.  Schipol has a major problem with labor shortages that when combined with all the European airline problems has resulted in lots of delays (for hours) and cancelations.  Nobody seems to have a clue as to how long all these problems will continue but I would not be optimistic about things turning around this summer.  I suspect the easiest part of the OP's journey will be the transfer and the experience at the airport will not be fun.  In our case we were very lucky because we were simply transiting through the airport and had access to the KLM Business Class lounge.  Despite a long delay (nearly every flight was delayed or cancelled) we were comfortable in the lounge and fortified with adult beverages and some food.  We heard others talking of nightmare delays just getting through Passport Control and security.

Hank

Thank you everyone for the information.  We will look into taxis or HAL transfers.  We decided to stay overnight and leave the next day so we are stressed over any potential delays (would be a horrible way to end a nice trip 🙂 ).

Thanks,

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ilv4cruising said:

Thank you everyone for the information.  We will look into taxis or HAL transfers.  We decided to stay overnight and leave the next day so we are stressed over any potential delays (would be a horrible way to end a nice trip 🙂 ).

Thanks,

Perfect.  You will enjoy a pleasant day, there is so much to see.  You can catch the train right from the airport straight downtown within walking distance of some sight seeing sites. 

Edited by Mary229