Viking Pharaohs and Pyramids Offer

Vagabond51

I'm sure dedicated Viking cruisers already know about this, but thought I would mention it. Viking is offering a 12 day Nile Cairo Luxor cruise that can be reserved until the end of June for $25. A location I have always wished to explore, but had strong safety concerns. We are doing a cruise with Viking in May 2023, 29 days Istanbul Barcelona. We made a reservation for September 2024 for $25 plus we did pay trip insurance that IS nonrefundable if we pull the plug but vochured if the world really does start to fracture by then. Final payment due March 2024. Its a great venue in my opinion, as I have looked into options for some time now. We may add a safari in Tanzania after since we will be in the neighborhood. AND... locking in prices today is wise, for our view of things anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vagabond51 said:

I'm sure dedicated Viking cruisers already know about this, but thought I would mention it. Viking is offering a 12 day Nile Cairo Luxor cruise that can be reserved until the end of June for $25. A location I have always wished to explore, but had strong safety concerns. We are doing a cruise with Viking in May 2023, 29 days Istanbul Barcelona. We made a reservation for September 2024 for $25 plus we did pay trip insurance that IS nonrefundable if we pull the plug but vochured if the world really does start to fracture by then. Final payment due March 2024. Its a great venue in my opinion, as I have looked into options for some time now. We may add a safari in Tanzania after since we will be in the neighborhood. AND... locking in prices today is wise, for our view of things anyway.

Real?  Not a typo?  Wow.   

Oh - I just looked it up.  It is $25 deposit, but cruise is still $7K + for a Veranda pp and $1399 air.

2 hours ago, Vagabond51 said:

Been to Egypt, specifically Luxor many times. We made the trip from Alexandria every 2-weeks and had armed guards on each bus. In my experience, it is no worse than any major US city.

12 hours ago, Vagabond51 said:

Thank you so much for the heads up! We are booked for December 2023. Yes it is pricey in the end but that is to be expected. This is an amazing deal to put a hold on a dream trip. (DW has been to Egypt twice, just once for me but we long to return!)