Where does a private car drop you in Civitavecchia?

pno4te

We have booked with Rome Cabs for transportation while we are in Rome and to and from the port for our cruises.  Our only previous experience is with ports in the US and Barcelona where drivers drop you right at your ship.  Is this the same situation in Civitavecchia?  My husband is disabled (they are aware of this) so knowing what awaits us would ease my mind.

As a follow-up... we are doing B2B cruises, but not with the same cruise line.  How do people move from ?terminal? to terminal in cases like that?  We will have his scooter and our luggage for a 3-week trip in Italy. Are there taxis right at the port? 

Thanks for any light you can shed!

Regarding your first question, Rome Cabs will be able to enter the port and drop you right at the terminal. 

The second question is a little tougher. Only pre-booked taxis and vans are usually allowed to come into the port and wait at the terminal to pick up passengers. So you won't find a "free" taxi looking for a fare there. Now if you can figure out a way to pre-book someone to pick you up from the one ship and drop you at the other....

Given the fact that the ship for the second BTB might not be ready to let you board (or even accept your luggage) early, you could look at booking a driver to take you somewhere nearby for a few hours (keeping your luggage with you) and then bring you back to the port. One possibility is a visit to the scenic area around Lake Bracciano and perhaps a visit to Odescalchi Castle.  Or a visit to Tarquinia and the wonderful Etruscan museum and tombs there -- though the tombs might be difficult with mobility issues....

Explore the Countryside from Rome and Civitavecchia Port | Romecabs

• Like 2

Companies need to have approval to drop right at the ship,   Rome cabs is one that can drop you right at the ship. 
re the back to back,  it could be quite a trek.   Last time we used Rome cabs to do a tour for the day, so that is also an option for you.    We enjoyed The museum in Tarquinia and I think it would be a good choice,  there are stairs in  the castle in Bracciano so not that accessible.  

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 1

@cruisemom42 and @bennybear... thanks for your thoughts and recommendations.  Have sent an email to RomeCabs to see what they can offer since they are already familiar with Bob's mobility issues.  We are in The Haven on the first cruise and in the Yacht Club on the second so we may be able to remain on board a little longer and embark a little sooner and simply need a transfer from Terminal to Terminal.  This is why I plan ahead and go over plans many, many times before we travel.  There is always the chance that I have missed something. Luckily we have 12 days to work this little glitch out.  Thanks again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pno4te said:

@cruisemom42 and @bennybear... thanks for your thoughts and recommendations.  Have sent an email to RomeCabs to see what they can offer since they are already familiar with Bob's mobility issues.  We are in The Haven on the first cruise and in the Yacht Club on the second so we may be able to remain on board a little longer and embark a little sooner and simply need a transfer from Terminal to Terminal.  This is why I plan ahead and go over plans many, many times before we travel.  There is always the chance that I have missed something. Luckily we have 12 days to work this little glitch out.  Thanks again.

You’re welcome.  We really enjoyed our turnaround day tour with Rome cabs.    There’s lots of see an do in the area,  highly recommend the Etruscan museum in Tarquinia,    It’s not that large but really good and should be easy to maneuver and only about twenty minutes away.    Hope they can accommodate you.  

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 1

The Civi Port guide indicates that their shuttle buses can accomodate travellers with disabilities.  (These shuttles take pax from the ship to the Port Entrance.)

It MIGHT mean that you and your luggage are shuttled to the Port Entrance,  then you wait for the shuttle to take you to your next ship.  A rather cumbersome process, altho it would help if you could have a late departure time off the 1st ship and early arrival to the next.

It might be worthwhile to contact the Shuttle office at:    portoperations@portmobility.it

Explain your circumstances and see what they can suggest. Maybe the shuttle would work.  Or if RomeCabs has someone local they could do a simple move from one berth to the next. Or maybe you want to take a morning tour. Options to explore .....

The Port Guide:

https://civitavecchia.portmobility.it/en/shuttles