CPAP machine on Alaska land tour?

Lalof

In the HAL cruisetour  information, HAL suggests that people carry their CPAP machine with them in their hand carry luggage piece.  I had planned to put my CPAP in my small luggage that HAL will transport to meet me at each stop. (Denali, Anchorage & then the cruise)  My carry backpack is filled with my camera & lenses, medication, etc.  There is no way I can fit my CPAP in it too. Yikes.  I'm sure someone has been in this situation... any suggestions?  I'm sure hopeful that putting my CPAP in the piece HAL will transport would be safe enough?

Your CPAP does not have to fit in your hand carry luggage piece.  HAL provides transportation on the bus/train for roller bags containing pre-approved medical equipment. HAL has a medical information form for you to complete to make this possible. 

Note that no other roller bags are permitted to accompany bus/train passengers.

Each person is allowed one handcarry and one luggage piece to be transported to meet you at your daily destination. 

Edited by Crew News
  • Thanks 1

On our recent Alaska Cruise Tour, we packed my wife's CPAP machine in the suitcase that went with us to each stop, and I hand carried my CPAP, and my backpack, with me on the bus/train. When we left the bus for restroom stops, I just left the CPAP on the bus. No problem, you can carry it with you, no medical form needed for the typical ResMed CPAP bag. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, CafeBruno said:

On our recent Alaska Cruise Tour, we packed my wife's CPAP machine in the suitcase that went with us to each stop, and I hand carried my CPAP, and my backpack, with me on the bus/train. When we left the bus for restroom stops, I just left the CPAP on the bus. No problem, you can carry it with you, no medical form needed for the typical ResMed CPAP bag. 

Thanks! I am going to put MY CPAP in it's bag and hand carry it between locations. I'm so glad you shared this info.

• Like 1