New Guinea Odyssey Cairns - Darwin LE LAPEROUSE March 2024

ethan1171

We were so impressed with Ponant during our trip to Antarctica earlier this year that we were looking for an opportunity to book our next adventure with them, and somewhere warmer this time.

Their New Guinea Odyssey intrigued us - but we could not align the Ponant schedule with our availability - especially since its scheduled only a couple of times a year - and with almost zero availability in 2023.

So finally today we noticed that they just released their March 2024 New Guinea Odyssey 16 nights on Le Laperouse, around Papua New Guinea and Indonesia, departing Cairns to Darwin. And so we are booked for our next adventure on board Ponant.

Now we have to wait for 2024 😉 It will be a phenomenal trip - especially since there are not many other than Ponant sailing this very remote corner of the earth.

--e

• Like 3

Love the itinerary, something we may consider as we would also like to do a tropical expedition.

My hubby is a diver, so he would love it.

Does anyone know (AussieboyTX) if there is any bonus for booking on board?

Being that we will be on Le Boreal in 2 months, it may be worthwhile holding off and booking on board.

The other bonus here is the no single supplement, so could consider booking two adjoining cabins for the same price.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gogo65 said:

The other bonus here is the no single supplement, so could consider booking two adjoining cabins for the same price.

Which is exactly what we did - we booked two Prestige Deck 5 connecting cabins which we intent to convert to a suite. Same as to what we did on our Antarctica cruise. Awesome deal - especially on top of the 30% bonus + 5% for repeat customers. For 16 days having more space makes a huge difference - awesome deal and when looking at other similar itineraries at Papua New Gunea - selling full price - we did not want to risk waiting.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gogo65 said:

Does anyone know (AussieboyTX) if there is any bonus for booking on board?

Yes, Ponant offers an additional 5% for booking on board and I like the adjoining cabins idea...

If five of us decided to go, we'd get an additional 5% off -- we'll ask about it while we're on board Lyrial.

I wonder what's on offer the week after? We had our eyes on the Tropical Odyssey between North East Australia and Indonesia and might consider back-to-back if that's the follow-on cruise.

Edited by AussieBoyTX

1 hour ago, AussieBoyTX said:

Yes, Ponant offers an additional 5% for booking on board and I like the adjoining cabins idea...

If five of us decided to go, we'd get an additional 5% off -- we'll ask about it while we're on board Lyrial.

I wonder what's on offer the week after? We had our eyes on the Tropical Odyssey between North East Australia and Indonesia and might consider back-to-back if that's the follow-on cruise.

I’m thinking it will head from Darwin and start the Kimberley cruises? Although there may be another cruise in between, there’s nothing on the website past this cruise.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, gogo65 said:

I’m thinking it will head from Darwin and start the Kimberley cruises? Although there may be another cruise in between, there’s nothing on the website past this cruise.

Makes sense. We'd probably consider that -- we know we'll do Kimberley eventually... 😄

@ethan1171  you were the only ones booked on this cruise. We’ve now also booked, so the four of us currently have the ship to ourselves. 🤪

If we find one more person to join us, we can take another 5% off. We have 20 months, so it shouldn’t be hard… 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AussieBoyTX said:

@ethan1171  you were the only ones booked on this cruise. We’ve now also booked, so the four of us currently have the ship to ourselves. 🤪

If we find one more person to join us, we can take another 5% off. We have 20 months, so it shouldn’t be hard… 

Awesome!

We have been waiting for this trip to show up for a while now and I was not expecting Ponant to offer the no single supplement - so we jumped on it yesterday morning when we show it coming up! Now we have to wait for 2024 😉

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I've already booked to do this itinerary (in reverse) in October 2023. It sold very quickly as it will be the 2023 Chairman's Cruise hosted by Sarina Bratton - quite a lot of the passengers pre-booked it on this years Chairman's Cruise.

I'll let you know how it goes when I get back! 😁

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We just came back from our western Mediterranean cruise - in one of those mega ships 😉 ...and it is amazing to have this cruise next. Ready for it - but we have to wait for a few more months. I am not surprised it is fully booked. We have secured our flights and a few days in Singapore prior to the start of the cruise. This one will be epic. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, ethan1171 said:

Maybe this is why it was sold out almost immediately after it was offered....! I am so looking forward to it. I am very much enjoying your reports on Tasmania Circumnavigation. Le Laperouse and her crew look amazing.

The crew has been flawless in Tasmania. 

• Like 2