Dining Reservations on Mardi Gras

jolyroger

So was watching a Vlog on the Mardi gras , possibly the way the vlogger worded it. But they made it sound that if you have early dining in the MDR and didn't want to eat there on a particular evening but rather at say Chabang that you had to wait till 7:45 to make a reservation to eat that evening . This totally confused me. Especially if we are trying to eat a late lunch. Like is this the same as checking in on the app? I'm probably over thinking it but confused, lol

This is their way of pushing people to anytime dining or making you stay with your set dining time. If you have early dining you can't make a reservation on the app until your dining room is closed, so 7:45. We always have set dining and the Mardi Gras was our first time doing your time. Honestly it worked out so well because of the way dining on MG is set up with all the dining venues, if you're planning to use the alternate venues be prepared to eat later or have your dining preference changed before you sail. 

Not sure what this has to do with lunch. Maybe explain a bit more about that. 

• Like 1

Thank You! Definatly a bit confusing. Also about the late lunch I was refering to if we wanted to eat lunch(or a early dinner, lol) around 4 if we still had to wait or there was no to. Think I may just switch it to anytime dining to be safe. Not a fan of eating dinner at 9 at night.... Now if we're having a piece of pizza or sandwich thats another story, lol

• Like 1

For lunch there are no reservations needed so you should be all good there. BUT it is only open until about 2pm for lunch, and re-opens at 5:30 for dinner, so a late lunch there isn't really an option. And when it re-opens at 5:30 you need to use the app to check in.

And just to clarify you don't get a reservation, when you are ready to eat you check in and the app will alert you when your table is ready and you have 10 minutes to make it to the restaurant. Before you check in the app will also give you a general time frame on when you should expect to have a table available. So if for some reason they are slammed that night you might see that it will take an hour to get a table you might opt for one of the other restaurants with a shorter wait time. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, x lindsay x said:

For lunch there are no reservations needed so you should be all good there. BUT it is only open until about 2pm for lunch, and re-opens at 5:30 for dinner, so a late lunch there isn't really an option. And when it re-opens at 5:30 you need to use the app to check in.

And just to clarify you don't get a reservation, when you are ready to eat you check in and the app will alert you when your table is ready and you have 10 minutes to make it to the restaurant. Before you check in the app will also give you a general time frame on when you should expect to have a table available. So if for some reason they are slammed that night you might see that it will take an hour to get a table you might opt for one of the other restaurants with a shorter wait time. 

Thank you so so much , for all your help and clarifying ! I'm glad I found this out now rather than be on the ship. Gonna go change to anytime dining!