POOL AT THE PIER?

ciship

Is anyone familiar with a pool that is at the pier?  We are trying to figure out what to do in Costa Maya, and the reviews aren't great and I'm reading to just stay at the pier pool.  However, it doesn't really give more info than that?  Is there a restaurant at this pier pool?  A bar?  Can you just walk to this pool from the ship?

15 minutes ago, ciship said:

Is anyone familiar with a pool that is at the pier?  We are trying to figure out what to do in Costa Maya, and the reviews aren't great and I'm reading to just stay at the pier pool.  However, it doesn't really give more info than that?  Is there a restaurant at this pier pool?  A bar?  Can you just walk to this pool from the ship?

Costa Maya is a completely man-made port area with pools, dolphins, aviary chocolate and tequila tasting, shops, spa, restaurants, bars. Its is pleasant enough for a few hours but food and drinks are very expensive compared to the local town of Mahahual. However you would have to offset that against cost of taxi which depends on number in your party as it is now $4pp for a 5 minute ride.

This link will give you more info and some photos and is reasonably up to date

https://www.iqcruising.com/ports/caribbean/costa-maya/overview-costa-maya-cruise-port.html

It might be more useful if you were to say what type of day you are interested in. The waterpark is presently closed so there is really only numerous beach clubs, (which depends on sargassum season), port, ruins or Bacalar Lagoon.

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Costa Maya is a completely man-made port area with pools, dolphins, aviary chocolate and tequila tasting, shops, spa, restaurants, bars. Its is pleasant enough for a few hours but food and drinks are very expensive compared to the local town of Mahahual. However you would have to offset that against cost of taxi which depends on number in your party as it is now $4pp for a 5 minute ride.

This link will give you more info and some photos and is reasonably up to date

https://www.iqcruising.com/ports/caribbean/costa-maya/overview-costa-maya-cruise-port.html

This was excellent information.  Thank you!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ciship said:

There are bars/restaurants around the pool that is fairly large. Yes you can just walk but the pier is long. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/29/2022 at 2:52 PM, ciship said:

https://costamaya.com/restaurants/

On 6/29/2022 at 3:52 PM, ciship said:

You have to walk past the pool and restaurants to do ANYTHING off the ship in Costa Maya.

On 7/21/2022 at 2:47 AM, bguppies said:

You have to walk past the pool and restaurants to do ANYTHING off the ship in Costa Maya.

I think the OP wants to do stuff at the port.

Personally with the overcharging of taxis for families I am inclined to agree which wouldn’t have been my choice pre-shut down.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2022 at 2:47 AM, bguppies said:

Sorry, I think maybe I misunderstood - did you mean you couldn’t miss the pool and restaurants at the pier?

On 7/24/2022 at 7:38 PM, canadarocks said:

Are there pedi-cabs at the pier?

Sometimes there is a trolley along the length of the pier but whether it is running seems intermittent and doesn’t run if there are big ships in port - too many people. I have never seen pedi-cabs only wheelchair assistance.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Sorry, I think maybe I misunderstood - did you mean you couldn’t miss the pool and restaurants at the pier?

Exactly.

You literally can't get off any ship and not see the pool to do anything there.

• Like 1