Post Viking Promos

Clay Clayton

On 9/13/2024 at 7:58 PM, Harley57 said:

Thanks so much for posting OneSixtyTo One.  This is a great savings on the Panama and South America segment and the timing fit into our calendar perfectly.  I finished chemotherapy yesterday and booked the Octantis 10/25 sailing today (with my doctor’s blessing).  It gives us a chance to experience the expedition ships and enjoy lots of sea days to relax. 

I’m curious as to whether the multi day excursion (not extension) to Machu Picchu is being offered on this cruise. If so are there spots available and what is the cost?

2 hours ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

I’m curious as to whether the multi day excursion (not extension) to Machu Picchu is being offered on this cruise. If so are there spots available and what is the cost?

The 5 night post extension “Best of Peru” was offered at $5599 but is sold out.  The 5 night post extension to the Galapagos is also sold out at $6799.

4 minutes ago, Harley57 said:

The 5 night post extension “Best of Peru” was offered at $5599 but is sold out.  The 5 night post extension to the Galapagos is also sold out at $6799.

I saw that but they sometimes offer multi day excursions, not extensions, when you dock between Ecuador and Peru. Only people with reservations can see those on MVJ.

3 minutes ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

I saw that but they sometimes offer multi day excursions, not extensions, when you dock between Ecuador and Peru. Only people with reservations can see those on MVJ.

Look at the cruise on viking.com.  They will list the excursions they plan to offer, no price but you will know what to expect.  Our 2025 cruise does not have Machu Picchu but does have a 2 night to the Galapagos.  These are excursions, not extentions.

41 minutes ago, SDHusker said:

Look at the cruise on viking.com.  They will list the excursions they plan to offer, no price but you will know what to expect.  Our 2025 cruise does not have Machu Picchu but does have a 2 night to the Galapagos.  These are excursions, not extentions.

I don’t think the list you mention here is totally accurate. Once your own My Viking Journey shows what’s on offer, you get a much more accurate view.

49 minutes ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

Ah, now I see what you are referring to.  The 4 day Machu Pichu overland from Manta Ecuador is sold out at $4899.  The 7 day Galapagos + Machu Pichu overland has 2 spots left at $13,499.  The 4 day Galapagos only overland has 4 spots left at $7699.  

• Thanks 1

On 9/7/2024 at 10:44 AM, mimijes said:

I have found if you keep checking, the extensions sometimes open. People often cancel. This happened to us a couple of times. 

Also call a viking rep, or have your TA call them, as I found an extension said sold out, but was available, on a different cruise.  Viking system updates faster than what is shown to us online, they told me.

On 9/15/2024 at 2:06 PM, Harley57 said:

Ah, now I see what you are referring to.  The 4 day Machu Pichu overland from Manta Ecuador is sold out at $4899.  The 7 day Galapagos + Machu Pichu overland has 2 spots left at $13,499.  The 4 day Galapagos only overland has 4 spots left at $7699.  

Honestly, I love viking but I have found galapos and machu pichu trips cheaper as stand alone than the Viking extensions /or side trips- whichever you call them.

each to his own but it seems like a better way to do it. For me at least.

just suggestion you check with AAA or TA for similar options before you decide

On 9/12/2024 at 2:10 PM, starrmom999 said:

I have a DV1 on hold until tomorrow. What is the difference between a DV1 and DV6? Also i would love to compare pricing if I am getting the best deal. Where are you flying from and are you also taking air? I am flying from LA. The agent I spoke with also said they are working on the Tokyo extension. 

FYI

The Tokyo extension was just added to the Viking website for this sailing.

11 hours ago, VikgKruzer said:

Honestly, I love viking but I have found galapos and machu pichu trips cheaper as stand alone than the Viking extensions /or side trips- whichever you call them.

each to his own but it seems like a better way to do it. For me at least.

just suggestion you check with AAA or TA for similar options before you decide

I agree with you that the Viking extensions are more expensive than DIY or using a 3rd party provider however, if you are looking for a ‘seamless’ experience the added cost may be worth it. Earlier this year we were on Jupiter for the Buenos Aires to Santiago sailing.  We did two days in BA on our own as it was very easy and did a mix of Viking optional and private excursions.  

We are not taking any of the overland or post cruise excursions.  I was just providing information requested by another poster.  We had planned to do a land trip to Peru a few years ago and we were working with a Peruvian travel agency.  They were fabulous to work with but the trip never happened - first it was postponed due to the pandemic and then we cancelled a little later due to civil unrest in Peru.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

FYI

The Tokyo extension was just added to the Viking website for this sailing.

As I understand it, the only difference between DV1 and 6 is "better placement- at least according to viking" of the room. the room is the same.

I did have  a DV6 once and I got upgraded to PV. Don't ask me how. I have no clue. so there is that i guess.  

you can look at the ship map to get an idea of where the different cabins are to see if you would pay the premium.

sorry quoted the wrong person

Edited by VikgKruzer