Princess Vacation Protection BUG -- Warning!!!

dreaminofcruisin

I just booked a cruise yesterday (with the $1 deposit) and was looking at the confirmation email today.

I had requested Princess Vacation Protection for both myself and DH.

Since we both have Platinum status, we can select Standard and it is supposed to automatically update us both to Platinum insurance.

What it did....was update me, but not DH!!!!  It's easy to miss it on the online screen, so be careful!!!!

I went in and declined for both of us and will have to contact my CVP to add it.

I have 4 other cruises booked and have checked them and they all look correct. So, I think this may have just started yesterday?

I did log into DH's account and it does show him as Platinum.

This is what it looks like online. ( I changed our names to Guest 1 & 2):

Please select the level of protection you would like for each guest:

Passenger

PlatinumOpens in a new window

StandardOpens in a new window

*Guest 1

I do not want
Princess Vacation Protection

Platinum Planfor Guest 1
$284.04 $189.36

Upgrade from Standard to Platinum

*Guest 2

I do not want

Platinum Planfor Guest 2
$284.04

Standard Planfor Guest 2
$189.36

Save Changes

3 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

I

Ugh...that didn't work too well...

I tried shrinking it a bit....let's try again..not pretty...but you get the idea:

PlatinumOpens in a new window

StandardOpens in a new window

I do not want

Platinum Planfor Guest 1
$284.04 $189.36

Upgrade from Standard to Platinum

I do not want

Platinum Planfor Guest 2
$284.04

Standard Planfor Guest 2
$189.36

• 1 month later...

I am trying to add Princess Vacation Protection plan to our sailing and I keep getting the following message:

7511: Error Code was not found in the Error Message Table. An invalid promotion has been applied to this booking. Please call your travel agent or 1-800-774-6237 for more information.

Any guesses? Left a message for our Princess Vacation Planner.

It is still before final payment (but I only have 2 days to add it), and this Princess insurance has not been added to our sailing yet.

5 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I am trying to add Princess Vacation Protection plan to our sailing and I keep getting the following message:

7511: Error Code was not found in the Error Message Table. An invalid promotion has been applied to this booking. Please call your travel agent or 1-800-774-6237 for more information.

Any guesses? Left a message for our Princess Vacation Planner.

It is still before final payment (but I only have 2 days to add it), and this Princess insurance has not been added to our sailing yet.

Mine has always been added by my TA, It won’t let me add it unless I make the booking first, before I release it to my TA. If it has to be added by this weekend just email or call your CVP and have them do it.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

Mine has always been added by my TA, It won’t let me add it unless I make the booking first, before I release it to my TA. If it has to be added by this weekend just email or call your CVP and have them do it.  

thanks. My booking was made directly with Princess, but through a vacation planner, rather than online as usual. I understand that Princess website has been experiencing some major glitches lately. Maybe, it's one of them.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

thanks. My booking was made directly with Princess, but through a vacation planner, rather than online as usual. I understand that Princess website has been experiencing some major glitches lately. Maybe, it's one of them.

Yes, the major one is an IT error regarding the App MedallionNet purchase disappearance and also the

loyalty discount. Website looks okay.

On 7/1/2022 at 3:24 PM, dreaminofcruisin said:

I had requested Princess Vacation Protection for both myself and DH.

Since we both have Platinum status, we can select Standard and it is supposed to automatically update us both to Platinum insurance.

What it did....was update me, but not DH!!!!  It's easy to miss it on the online screen, so be careful!!!!

I've had a similar problem. It may not be matching DH's name as the second passenger with his Captain's Circle account. Does the birthday and address you listed for the second passenger match the information in his account?

When you log on to his account in Cruise Personalizer, does it show this cruise booked as an upcoming cruise. If not, this is the problem. You probably have to call or chat to fix it.

4 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

When you log on to his account in Cruise Personalizer, does it show this cruise booked as an upcoming cruise. If not, this is the problem. You probably have to call or chat to fix it.

oh, yes, everything is fine online, except for being unable to add the insurance plan. I think it's because the sailing is booked as a part of 

Hn
Direct Cvp Group
(323) 000-0011
24305 Town Center Dr
Santa Clarita, CA, 91355-1307

and not my name as usual. Of course, CVP is not answering her phone...