Pre cruise packet

thepla

Hi I never received my pre cruise packet in mail. I read about it on cruise critic. It turns out Oceania sent to travel agent and my ta quit and works for another agency.

Original ta company screwed up and can't find packet. This went back and forth for weeks until now they said Oceania takes three weeks to recreate.

I'm told by ta , new company, that Oceania only sends out boarding passes in packet.

My question is what is in packet they send out?

Thanks

The packet contains your personalized itinerary for the cruise, including stateroom assignment, shore excursions booked.  I think it has the entire list of shore excursions, in case you want to add or change.

Can't remember if dining reservations are in it too.  Your luggage tags are in it, with your stateroom #.  There is also an ad in it for the luggage forwarding service which we have used before and will again (no need to start your vacation in a bad mood, from dragging heavy suitcases around multiple airports) 

This is a booklet of more than fifty pages; so the TA at the new company is dead wrong.  

I am sure you can get along without it;  but I have always found it extremely helpful.

Edited by Sny

You should get  a FINAL SUMMARY  email with all the info you need

The luggage tag were the only important thing  in the package  but the ports at the dock will have blank ones  just ask them when you drop your bags

Not sure if they are still doing the online check in  maybe someone on a current sailing will comment

I would not stress out about the book

it is nice  for 1st timers  to get it though

JMO

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

You should get  a FINAL SUMMARY  email with all the info you need

The luggage tag were the only important thing  in the package  but the ports at the dock will have blank ones  just ask them when you drop your bags

Not sure if they are still doing the online check in  maybe someone on a current sailing will comment

I would not stress out about the book

it is nice  for 1st timers  to get it though

JMO

Online check-in required for our July 12 cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, thepla said:

I'm checked in. I just thought it would be cool to check it out.

Yes  it is  a nice  to get   but if they have to resend  there is  a fee  hopefully your TA will pay the fee  if you want the booklet 😉

If I recall correctly, the replacement package is $25 so if you want it, make sure the Travel Agency steps up to the plate for you. The book is definitely a nice keepsake and memory jogger. 

Mauibabes

1 hour ago, mauibabes said:

If I recall correctly, the replacement package is $25 so if you want it, make sure the Travel Agency steps up to the plate for you. The book is definitely a nice keepsake and memory jogger. 

Mauibabes

Thanks, I did just send email to hopefully get the packet. I leave July 5 but I keep so much stuff from all my cruises so my son will have it later in life. What bugs me is I broight this up weeks ago and they just did not care. New person seems great but hopefully her hands are not tied...

It is a very easy fix and request.  Just print out the Summary you should have received weeks ago and take it with you. You will have all the necessary information for the cruise. Plus when you get aboard, you will have the tickets and certificates for your SBC or other amenity benefits. 
Have a fabulous cruise vacation. 
mauibabes