Chops Grille + 1 dining package

We’ve just booked Chops Grille using the above package so we can still book another restaurant.  The questions is, how do we do this?  Had a go on the cruise planner section but couldn’t find an option to book restaurants, just dining packages.

can anyone help please?

• Like 1

They do NOT do the first for you... they ONLY book a time slot and you still have to pick a place when you get on board.  I just spent over an hour with RCL trying to get an answer on why I can see a UDP booking for Day 1 (August 5th sailing) of a time BUT no place?  They confirmed that only the slot is reserved and you still have to pick a place when u get on board.

Damn, it was so much easier when u could prebook everything before the cruise... Shows too! 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Project-College said:

They do NOT do the first for you... they ONLY book a time slot and you still have to pick a place when you get on board.  I just spent over an hour with RCL trying to get an answer on why I can see a UDP booking for Day 1 (August 5th sailing) of a time BUT no place?  They confirmed that only the slot is reserved and you still have to pick a place when u get on board.

Damn, it was so much easier when u could prebook everything before the cruise... Shows too! 

thanks for clearing that up. 

1 minute ago, taglovestocruise said:

We had Chops+1 on Navigator a few months ago.  Nothing pre reserved and we ate on nights 3 and 4 

HMMM. That's weird...the planner says you must eat at Chops On Day 1 or 2. I specifically purchsed Chops and Giovannis separately (thus paying more $) for Oasis Aug. 21st because I don't want to eat there on Day 1 or 2. Did you book at Chops when you first embarked?

Just now, AspiringCindy said:

HMMM. That's weird...the planner says you must eat at Chops On Day 1 or 2. I specifically purchsed Chops and Giovannis separately (thus paying more $) for Oasis Aug. 21st because I don't want to eat there on Day 1 or 2. Did you book at Chops when you first embarked?

First stop was tiki lounge. Then off to the DL for coffee and by chance the Host was there. He made our reservations for us.  First time ever that we enjoyed Jamies more than Chop's.  What the planner says and what happens onboard are as different as night and day.  Under 700 guests onboard could of given the rules a little wiggle room.  We always have a package and never eat on nights one or two.  You could buy the Chops + 1 and then substitute for your full price package once onboard, they will issue a fully refundable OBC.

6 hours ago, Project-College said:

You could only book shows before, not your dining package. It’s so easy to book shows when u get on board or in port on hour phone. It’s really not a big deal

Just to clarify with my own experience as we all seem to have had different ones, I had to book Chops Grille for night 1 or 2, which I have done and have a confirmed booking for the day and time.  But it is the second dining option on this package that I want to know how I can book.  Will it only be able to be done once I’m on board ship and, if so, where do I go to book it?

3 hours ago, planaholic said:

Just to clarify with my own experience as we all seem to have had different ones, I had to book Chops Grille for night 1 or 2, which I have done and have a confirmed booking for the day and time.  But it is the second dining option on this package that I want to know how I can book.  Will it only be able to be done once I’m on board ship and, if so, where do I go to book it?

Book after you board. Go to any specialty restaurant to make your reservations or change your day one reservation. 

On 7/2/2022 at 1:58 PM, Project-College said:

In my Cruise planner it shows me booked for Chops, 8 pm, 1st night.

On 7/3/2022 at 1:21 PM, TKinRock said:

In my Cruise planner it shows me booked for Chops, 8 pm, 1st night.

You picked the first night and time, that is just a place holder. Check as soon as you board. We have had packages for every cruise we have been on, not once in the last ten years has a actual reservation been made.  Smaller ships with only two specialtys might make a reservation, larger ships with five or more specialtys extremely rare.