Pacific Encounter Movements

On 9/27/2022 at 8:42 AM, arxcards said:

Explorer just out of camera range for the day, hidden behind the hotel at the rear of the wharf.

Encounter just coming in now.

SnapShot-20220927_083952.thumb.jpg.4d7ce8855365d82a369d69427f32f85e.jpg

I stayed at that hotel to the right.  They would have had a great view.  I walked along the waterfront to see where my ship was departing the next day, 

14 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I stayed at that hotel to the right.  They would have had a great view.  I walked along the waterfront to see where my ship was departing the next day, 

We stayed a little bit further up the other side of the lagoon for our Cairns departure. I was able to walk across the road to watch Pacific Eden for a bit, before she disappeared behind the other buildings. 

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

We stayed a little bit further up the other side of the lagoon for our Cairns departure. I was able to walk across the road to watch Pacific Eden for a bit, before she disappeared behind the other buildings. 

Is the long Esplanade on the lagoon?  I never tire of watching ship movements,  I love watching the pilot get on and off.  I also enjoy watching them tie the ropes.  It was hilarious listening to the comments of two men  waiting to tie ship up on the wharf at Darwin re lack of expertise of person bringing ship in.  I guess it was a training exercise because little cruising during covid. 

I was on a ship once where they provided free laundry for everyone whilst washing machines got replaced.  When I noticed new washing machines on the wharf, we raced back to our cabin and filled our laundry bags, because we knew our days of free laundry were numbered!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Is the long Esplanade on the lagoon?  I never tire of watching ship movements,  I love watching the pilot get on and off.  I also enjoy watching them tie the ropes.  It was hilarious listening to the comments of two men  waiting to tie ship up on the wharf at Darwin re lack of expertise of person bringing ship in.  I guess it was a training exercise because little cruising during covid. 

I was on a ship once where they provided free laundry for everyone whilst washing machines got replaced.  When I noticed new washing machines on the wharf, we raced back to our cabin and filled our laundry bags, because we knew our days of free laundry were numbered!

Yes, the Esplanade runs past the lagoon.

• 1 month later...