Ship's arrival time in Miami

MM42

They say that the ship's arrival time in Miami is 7:00 AM. If I remember well, the ships always arrive much sooner then 7:00 AM. I want to book a flight from Fort Laurdale airport leaving at 11:45 AM and it's a 30 minute taxi ride from POM. I've done it before an it went well. My question is, do MSC ships still arrive before 7:00 in Miami?

3 hours ago, MM42 said:

They say that the ship's arrival time in Miami is 7:00 AM. If I remember well, the ships always arrive much sooner then 7:00 AM. I want to book a flight from Fort Laurdale airport leaving at 11:45 AM and it's a 30 minute taxi ride from POM. I've done it before an it went well. My question is, do MSC ships still arrive before 7:00 in Miami?

Yes they do.  Fairly often and sometimes very early.  That is not your potential problem.  You are dependent upon clearance from Customs and Immigration personnel for passengers to disembark.  With their work schedules that day at the port they may not open early.  Especially true for Miami,wher as many as eight ships may come in on one morning.

Hello -

In reality the ship arrives back at Port Miami at about 500am and docks at about 600am where luggage is removed and food is reloaded onto the ship. At about 700am work is started to disembark passengers. OBVIOULSY you will require self-check out and you "should" be off the ship by 815am and at FLL by 930am and in time for your flight. Good Luck 

2 hours ago, juancarlosgarciasanchez said:

Hello -

In reality the ship arrives back at Port Miami at about 500am and docks at about 600am where luggage is removed and food is reloaded onto the ship. At about 700am work is started to disembark passengers. OBVIOULSY you will require self-check out and you "should" be off the ship by 815am and at FLL by 930am and in time for your flight. Good Luck 

I was on the Divina in March 2020 and that's exactly what I did. I was just wondering if things had changed since then. Thanks

When I awoke on MSC Meraviglia, arriving in Miami, the ship was in the turning basin.  Exact time, I don't remember, but, it was earlier than I preferred when I decided I had better get myself "up and about" without undue stress.  

On 7/4/2022 at 4:21 PM, MM42 said:

I was on the Divina in March 2020 and that's exactly what I did. I was just wondering if things had changed since then. Thanks

Things are about the same. Traffic will be lite ( by Miami standards ) and Uber and Taxi service will be sufficient to immediately transport you to FLL.  Good Luck 

• Thanks 1