CRUISES TO SAUDI ARABIA

NWT Cruiser

Does anyone know if an e-visa is required for cruises that stop in Saudi Arabia?  We are booked on a cruise with MSC in March 2023 from Dubai, United Arab Emirates to Genoa, Italy and one of the ports the ship stops in is Jeddah, Saudi Arabia for 10 hours.

Thanks.

13 hours ago, LHT28 said:

looks like yes you will need a tourist VISA

https://travel.gc.ca/destinations/saudi-arabia

Check all the rules

Thank you so much for this link.  Very helpful.

12 hours ago, Fouremco said:

I came across this website quite recently and found it to be a quite useful addition to the GOC website. Here's the page for Saudi Arabia:

https://airheart.com/travel-restrictions/saudi-arabia-from-canada-vaccinated

Thank you also for this link.  Very informative.  I know Saudi Arabia has only recently (2019) agreed to allow cruises to sail into their ports.  I am also going to phone MSC to find out if they will be doing a "blanket visa" for all passengers ... fingers cross they will.  I have been on cruises in the past that have done this, and only one time they added the visa fee to your booking.  If they look after this, I don't care how much they charge to get their money back (it just would be easier for the passengers not having to fill out more forms).  I also noticed in this link that it's mandatory for passengers to have valid health insurance that covers the costs of COVID-19 treatment.  I'm glad I seen this.

Cheers

Frances (NWT Cruiser)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello. 

My family is booked on World Europa (Dec 2022) out of Dubai. 

Unfortunately some of us are holding Philippines passports which looks to be not qualified to get e-visa online. 

For those who have had a sailing with a stop in Damman (or any other Saudi port), from your personal experience (or your fellow cruisers on that particular cruise), will we be allowed to board without having a visa, as long as we will stay on the ship and NOT go ashore in Dammam? 

Thanks in advance. 

Even if you don't go ashore, you are still in the country (territorial waters), so you would be denied boarding if you don't have all of the necessary clearances. In your case, contact the applicable embassy or consulate directly if you aren't eligible  for an evisa.

8 hours ago, benitz8 said:

Hello. 

My family is booked on World Europa (Dec 2022) out of Dubai. 

Unfortunately some of us are holding Philippines passports which looks to be not qualified to get e-visa online. 

For those who have had a sailing with a stop in Damman (or any other Saudi port), from your personal experience (or your fellow cruisers on that particular cruise), will we be allowed to board without having a visa, as long as we will stay on the ship and NOT go ashore in Dammam? 

Thanks in advance. 

If an entry Visa is required, the cruise line should prohibit you from boarding at the embarkation port, as by being on the vessel as it arrives in port, you have already arrived in the country. Simply remaining onboard is not an option.

Pax or crew without the proper entry requirements can prevent a ship from receiving clearance at a port. Therefore, the onus is on the cruise line to ensure all pax meet the requirement of all ports before being permitted to embark.

The Cruise Line probably has a clause in their T&C that pax are responsible to ensure they meet the entry requirements for every port.