Potters Cay or Fish Fry... and beach regardless...

azarak

I've been to Nassau a couple of times and the last time I went I was with my girlfriends and we all walked down to Tiki Bikini Hut and loved it.  This time I will have my husband and children with me and we know we want to do a beach day but we also know we want to eat local cuisine.  I'm drawn to Potters Cay because it seems less touristy and more authentic but it's further away and will require transportation there, to the beach, and back to the ship.  On the other hand Fish Fry is close to Junkanoo beach which is a plus in my book given we can walk there from the port and hit the straw market on the way.  Is the hassle of transportation to Potters Cay then to Cable or Cabbage beach worth it?  Or just walking down to Fish Fry ad Junkanoo Beach our best bet?  Any and all input is welcome as I do not know which direction to go.  I just know I want cracked conch and fried plantains near a beach.  🤣

• 7 months later...
On 3/2/2023 at 3:52 PM, angelsfort said:

I don't have an answer to your question but it seems like an awfully good one!  Hopefully my comment will bump your post back up to the front page of posts and someone will answer for you!

Go to Fish Fry.

Potters Cay is just a grouping of rustic shacks under the bridge that caters primarily to local fishermen and dock workers.

Fish Fry caters to locals and tourists, has both restaurants and shacks, and is walking distance from Junkanoo beach.

We love Curley’s, but you really can’t go wrong.

If you’re hungry, add peas and rice as a side and guava duff as dessert!! Yum!