Wines Around the World Tasting?

2boyzmom

It was not available when we sailed in April (and that was our first Platinum cruise), but we got a small amount of OBC to make up

for the missed activities. We are sailing next week and I’ll check again and let you know. I was also excited about the behind the scenes shop tour- been waiting for that for years!

On 7/6/2022 at 9:14 PM, Mlake09 said:

It was not available when we sailed in April (and that was our first Platinum cruise), but we got a small amount of OBC to make up

for the missed activities. We are sailing next week and I’ll check again and let you know. I was also excited about the behind the scenes shop tour- been waiting for that for years!

Thank you . I's like to know if this is available. We just made " sapphire" and looking forward to dinner with the officers 🙂

On 7/6/2022 at 9:14 PM, Mlake09 said:

How did you obtain the OBC for missed activities?

6 minutes ago, jjjct said:

We went to see the Loyalty host and asked if the activities were available.  He said no and we asked for the OBC and it was put on our account.  We are Diamond and I think it was $50.  May be $25 for lower levels.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, jjjct said:

Just go to the latitudes desk and ask for it! It wasn’t a lot- I think $75 for the room, but it’s something!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/6/2022 at 6:28 PM, 2boyzmom said:

I'm doing a search for this for Latitude Platinum but only post i found said it was "on hold" back in March due to Covid. Any updates on this soon the be perk ? 

We have been on three NCL ships since the return to cruising about a year ago.  There have been no behind the scenes tours, wine tastings, or spirits tastings offered as Latitudes perks on any of those cruises.  We did get dinner with officers on our most recent cruise, a TransAtlantic on the Getaway in April, but not on the Encore last August or the Epic in October.  We asked at the Latitudes desk about compensation for the missed perks on each of these cruises.  On the Encore and Epic we were told "Sorry, no OBC for you."  On the Getaway we received $50 total for our stateroom for the skipped benefits.  Notably, however, the Getaway did offer the wine tasting experience to anyone, Latitudes or newbie, who wanted to pay $70 per person, but did not offer it as a complimentary activity to Latitudes members (we are Diamond).  That $50 OBC fell well short of the $70 times 2 that it would have cost us to do the wine tasting on our own.  We also were looking forward to the newly promised benefit of a spirits tasting.  Again, no luck.  I do hope that NCL resumes these Latitudes benefits soon.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, The Traveling Man said:

We have been on three NCL ships since the return to cruising about a year ago.  There have been no behind the scenes tours, wine tastings, or spirits tastings offered as Latitudes perks on any of those cruises.  We did get dinner with officers on our most recent cruise, a TransAtlantic on the Getaway in April, but not on the Encore last August or the Epic in October.  We asked at the Latitudes desk about compensation for the missed perks on each of these cruises.  On the Encore and Epic we were told "Sorry, no OBC for you."  On the Getaway we received $50 total for our stateroom for the skipped benefits.  Notably, however, the Getaway did offer the wine tasting experience to anyone, Latitudes or newbie, who wanted to pay $70 per person, but did not offer it as a complimentary activity to Latitudes members (we are Diamond).  That $50 OBC fell well short of the $70 times 2 that it would have cost us to do the wine tasting on our own.  We also were looking forward to the newly promised benefit of a spirits tasting.  Again, no luck.  I do hope that NCL resumes these Latitudes benefits soon.

We were on the Jade in May.  Same thing happened to us. Complementary wine tasting was not available. But we could pay for one.  Funny thing, we were at the Latitude desk getting our credit for the canceled one when someone approached us to sell us the wine tasting.

4 hours ago, Ticatraveler said:

We were on the Jade in May.  Same thing happened to us. Complementary wine tasting was not available. But we could pay for one.  Funny thing, we were at the Latitude desk getting our credit for the canceled one when someone approached us to sell us the wine tasting.

If we want to be charitable to NCL, we simply could say that it was another example of NCL's right hand not knowing what the left was doing.

• Haha 1

I am cruising August, 2024 on NCL Joy and even though 2 years away was wondering if   NCL discontinued the Martini Tasting they offered for $25, It was a great way to kill afternoon(s) when you are at sea or to hurry back to the ship so you would not miss out on the tasting,   I got to meet people who I had dinner with and one who I drove to PA from Buffalo to have coffee with.  While walking around the small town we found a place that sold ice cream but cannot remember if we got any.   We communicated for a while and I guess we both moved on as I stopped hearing from her

Thanks for any info that anyone can provide

Unfortunately, for this Saphire Latitudes guy who was on two NCL sailings this year (and ready for another in 70 days), it has become very noticeable that NCL is "concerned for our safety" and canceled complimentary events, but apparently has no such "concern" for larger events when there is a buck to be made.  No Cruise Critic Meet & Greet due to "concern".....PACKED body-to-body Comedy Club.  No small group ship tour, but no problem crowding the people in any open seat on a bus excursion tour.  No Latitudes gathering, but no problem loading them into the packed "Glow Party" in the bar.   Sorry NCL; I love sailing on your ships but these "concerns" just truly come across an ingenuous!  🙄

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Coastalbreezes said:

FYI: I've been on several sailings this year (Escape, Joy, Breakaway) and all of them did have the Latitudes gathering.

Very glad it worked out for you!  I sailed the Escape in 2020 and loved the ship! The Joy is one of my upcoming cruises next year.  🛳️

My two, Norwegian Bliss (January) and Norwegian Sun (May) were a no on just about everything Latitudes... no ship tour, no Latitudes gathering, no officers' meal.... but did get the usual meal vouchers and laundry bag.  😊  I did not personally ask, but I know another Latitudes member I met at dinner did ask about possible OBC and she was told "you are getting an extra point per cruise night to make up for the changes" (she nor I bought that reasoning since it was a booking incentive from NCL and had nothing to do with Latitudes).  

I am on the new Prima's first transatlantic crossing in 2 months; hopefully all worked out by then.  🍹

Edited by TheNightDawg

18 hours ago, TheNightDawg said:

Unfortunately, for this Saphire Latitudes guy who was on two NCL sailings this year (and ready for another in 70 days), it has become very noticeable that NCL is "concerned for our safety" and canceled complimentary events, but apparently has no such "concern" for larger events when there is a buck to be made.  No Cruise Critic Meet & Greet due to "concern".....PACKED body-to-body Comedy Club.  No small group ship tour, but no problem crowding the people in any open seat on a bus excursion tour.  No Latitudes gathering, but no problem loading them into the packed "Glow Party" in the bar.   Sorry NCL; I love sailing on your ships but these "concerns" just truly come across an ingenuous!  🙄

I agree.  It really sticks in my craw when NCL reneges on its promises to Latitudes members of a free wine tasting, spirits tasting, etc. out of "concern for passenger safety" then turns right around and offers those same (or similar) events to anyone on board who is willing to pay extra for them.  Disingenuous is a rather mild way to describe NCL's actions.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On the Joy right now. Went to future cruise desk last night asking for OBC for no behind the scenes tour and was told "last week was the last week. it has been discontinued fleet wide" Then he went on to say something about the wines around the world had been the first day??? we walked away before he could finish. We did not receive any paperwork about the wines around the world but 7 different wine tastings with fees. 

• Like 1