Difference between website Port, taxes, fees vs TA charges

CU64

Just noticed almost 200 difference for booking  NZ cruise next March by TA, travel summary  vs what is listed on Celebrity website for same booked category on same sailing.  Supposedly those were the charges at the time of booking, (about 3 months ago) per the third party, & confirmed by Celebrity. My booking is reasonable with good perks, cabin, & location. Happy with that but surprised at those charges.Anyone have this happen to you? 
ty in advance

Taxes/Fees on a particular sailing vary all the time.   I can't say I've seen them move more than $30 pp though.  $200 sounds high.

The other interesting observation is every time I reprice a sailing I retain the original T/F regardless of the change of cruise fare.    I would have thought it would change to the prevailing T/F as well.

• 6 months later...

I have this situation right now. We have 2 bookings both made in the last week. One for us WI residents and one for friends CO residents.  Our taxes, fees, port charges is $350 higher than theirs.  Both made with the same TA.  Both are the same cabin class.  Any ideas why?

20 minutes ago, northwoods2 said:

I have this situation right now. We have 2 bookings both made in the last week. One for us WI residents and one for friends CO residents.  Our taxes, fees, port charges is $350 higher than theirs.  Both made with the same TA.  Both are the same cabin class.  Any ideas why?

Not attacking but curious why you don't call your agent and ask?   Since it is an agent you shouldn't have a long wait time.   They may just say that is what the cruise line was charging.   

• Like 2

I have seen $10-$20 p/p but never $200.  I asked my TA ( who does a lot of group bookings) on this and his explanation is that taxes/fees/port charges will very "day to day" but when the Travel agency books a block of rooms for a special group rate the taxes/fees are locked in on that day.  Sometimes they are better, sometimes worse then what they are today...   

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Not attacking but curious why you don't call your agent and ask?   Since it is an agent you shouldn't have a long wait time.   They may just say that is what the cruise line was charging.   

I have asked but haven’t gotten a response yet