Cunard's No Supplemental O2 Policy

Aquadesiac

I use an oxygen concentrator to meet my O2 needs during exertion, so I cruise with two devices, one the size of a small rolling carry-on and the other is purse-sized if I'm going to be on rough terrain. I used my Portable Oxygen Concentrators on a 2019 21-day cruise out of NYC to Norway and back on the QM2 and had a wonderful time. But now, I can't book a trip on Cunard because of my pulmonary needs. I can understand the physical limitations of the space it takes to store oxygen canisters, but my POCs don't require that. They pull in room air, scrub out the nitrogen and give me a puff of O2 without storing any in the machine. Both my POCs are FAA approved for air travel and pose no risk to anyone. 

I've looked all over the Cunard website to see if there's a chat feature because I'd really love to discuss this with the company and find out why, out of all the brands under the Carnival umbrella, Cunard is the only line that will not allow me to sail with them. My POC's have taken me around the world twice--once with Princess in 2018 and just this year 2022 with Viking--and I've never had a problem that required the cruise line to bother themselves about my O2 needs. (One of the reasons I travel with 2 devices. In the unlikely chance that one quits, I have a back up.) 

My DH and I are really interested in trying a Cunard WC for 2025, hoping that the no POC rule will be relaxed by then.

Short of waiting on the phone to speak to a representative who likely won't know anything about the policy or if it will be rescinded any time soon, does anyone know a way for me to communicate with the appropriate people at Cunard? 

Thanks in advance for your suggestions! Hope to meet you on one of the Queens someday. 

20 minutes ago, Summergee said:

Just a thought, but could this be because if someone with breathing issues contracts Covid they could need more support than the ship can provide?

I would have thought this was very likely, the website also mentions that the ships are carrying extra oxygen.

I'm not sure Cunard is the only Carnival brand with this ban, Carnival Cruises isn't allowing them for the moment either.

A lot can change between now and 2025.

We are booked on a Holland America 21 day for October, so I know HAL is accepting me and my POC's. I spent 121 days on the Viking Star during the height of the Omicron surge this year. We were tested every single day and I was always negative, though we did have a few cases on board during those months--one of them the lady who sat next to me during our passenger choir practices. I remained negative.  

Cruising is not without risk, even if you're in perfect health.