Global Entry interview appointment

Ilovesailaway

My credit card covers the cost of Global Entry or TSA Precheck. I debated which to get and ended up applying for Global Entry because it includes TSA Precheck. Right now I don't often enter the US by flying but I figured hey why not get GE if it's free. I do fly often enough domestically the TSA Precheck will come in handy.

Well now my Global Entry has been conditionally approved and I need to schedule an interview to complete the process. When I look for an appointment their is nothing within hundreds of miles for several months. Anything within a 5 hour drive has no appointments at all.

Very frustrating. In hindsight I would have just gone the TSA Precheck route. TSA subs out a lot of that process and I would have had no problem getting that done locally. 

Anyone here have recent experience with going through the process of the Global Entry interview? Any advice? I have 700 days to get it done but as I said no appointments anywhere near me that whole 2 years according to the CBP website and scheduler link.

My wife and I ran into the same situation, no appointments available near us. At the time we were living near San Francisco and it was July 2020. We also own a home near Tucson so I looked to see if there were any appointments available at TUS and there were. So we scheduled appointments for a time we would be in the Tucson area. The interview process is painless, we were asked a few questions and had fingerprints entered into their system, in and out in less than 15 minutes. Received the GE cards a week later.

If you have any trips planned in the near future maybe see if you can get an appointment near your destination.