Need advice for Jacksonville, Fl cruise port hotel

SmoothFlying

the wife and I have booked a CCL Eastern Caribbean cruise next January and haven't decided if we'll drive or fly (guess it'll depend on the $ of gas by then) but the hotel will have to be $$$ (medium priced) hotel and a shuttle from the airport. Neither of us has ever been in Jacksonville before so any info you could provide would be greatly appreciated. TIA

MAC

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @SmoothFlying

I'm meandering through this Thread looking for a park and cruise hotel for Ft. Lauderdale and came across your post.  We found a hotel for our cruise out of Jacksonville, FL this past April.  Here's the information and it provided what we needed.  Does not include any meals.....

Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport/I-95N
14670 Duval Road
Jacksonville, FL 32218-9429 US

Front desk: 19047414404

Cost was $197.49 with 7 days parking included in price.

Good luck!

Mimi in Virginia!

29 minutes ago, CM1984 said:

Hi @SmoothFlying

I'm meandering through this Thread looking for a park and cruise hotel for Ft. Lauderdale and came across your post.  We found a hotel for our cruise out of Jacksonville, FL this past April.  Here's the information and it provided what we needed.  Does not include any meals.....

Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport/I-95N
14670 Duval Road
Jacksonville, FL 32218-9429 US

Front desk: 19047414404

Cost was $197.49 with 7 days parking included in price.

Good luck!

Mimi in Virginia!

Thank you SO much !  For the info, I had about given up on anybody seeing my post and giving me any 1st hand info. that's a GREAT deal and we will certainly look into them. Did you find them on Travelocity or priceline or can I just call the hotel direct and ask about a 'park and cruise package' at their hotel? Also, how or what did you do about shuttle service to the cruise port? Did the shuttle company provide R/T service to the hotel, Sorry for all the questions,🙂 

Thanks, again,

Mac

I always stay at one of the hotels near the airport and most of them have a shuttle from the airport for free but to get to port you would need uber, taxi, and some of them have connections with a shuttle company that will take you to port.  Last two times I have parked at the port and for time saved I now view this as my best option.  The list has Comfort Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn, Fairfield Inn and some others.  The ones I listed are within walking distance to two restaurants.  I would rate these as medium price, I have one booked for December at $124.  These are easy to get to and only 15 minute drive to port.  Hope you have a great cruise.

2 hours ago, elklemi said:

I always stay at one of the hotels near the airport and most of them have a shuttle from the airport for free but to get to port you would need uber, taxi, and some of them have connections with a shuttle company that will take you to port.  Last two times I have parked at the port and for time saved I now view this as my best option.  The list has Comfort Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn, Fairfield Inn and some others.  The ones I listed are within walking distance to two restaurants.  I would rate these as medium price, I have one booked for December at $124.  These are easy to get to and only 15 minute drive to port.  Hope you have a great cruise.

We will surely add those named hotels to the list since they are near eating establishments within walking distance. You mentioned parking your car at the port parking lot and I was reading here online that it averages 15 dollars a day ?  Is the lot covered (multi-deck) or just a LARGE parking lot or a combo of both? Thank you so much for the info you've provided. When you've never been to the city/cruiseport sometimes it's difficult or a challenge to know WHAT to do about these decisions and.... it IS part of the fun of traveling !😁

Mac

There is no covered parking but when I leave my car at the hotel the parking is not covered either.  At the port the parking is so close and they have porters in the lot helping with luggage if needed.  I always prepay and it speeds entrance to the parking lot.  I have been provided lots of answers to my questions of places I have never been and glad to offer my experiences. No longer interested in winging it.  The two restaurants and Longhorn Steak House and Ruby Tuesdays.  You all have a great trip/cruise.

On 7/16/2022 at 11:51 AM, SmoothFlying said:

Thank you SO much !  For the info, I had about given up on anybody seeing my post and giving me any 1st hand info. that's a GREAT deal and we will certainly look into them. Did you find them on Travelocity or priceline or can I just call the hotel direct and ask about a 'park and cruise package' at their hotel? Also, how or what did you do about shuttle service to the cruise port? Did the shuttle company provide R/T service to the hotel, Sorry for all the questions,🙂 

Thanks, again,

Mac

These questions are important!  I understand.  We called the hotel directly, only way we could get the package.  Shuttle service was recommended by the hotel.  BUT - if you go to the Jacksonville Port website -

www.jaxport.com

they list taxi and shuttle services available.  I saw that after we had already booked a private car for a treat.  No round trip shuttle booking - BUT taxis are right there as you come out of the cruise terminal with a gentlemen asking where you are going and off you go - you just have to pay for it.  (But we always see that as a part of a cruise cost - we have found sometimes the free shuttles are awkward and unreliable)  

Have a wonderful trip!

Mimi