Worry free booking

FrankieSue

We must make final payment 60 days out, but the following HAL statement says that we can cancel worry free up to 30 days before. Does it apply to all bookings, or do you need a cancellation plan?

Flexible Cancellation 

« Book a cruise by September 30, 2022 (that departs through December 31, 2022) and you can cancel for any reason up to 30 days before departure and automatically receive a Future Cruise Credit in the amount of any non-refundable cancellation fees, with the remainder of what you paid for the cruise being refunded to the original form of payment under our Flexible Cancellation program. Additionally, you may cancel up to your sailing date if you test positive for COVID-19 and will also receive the same remuneration. »

1 hour ago, FrankieSue said:

We must make final payment 60 days out, but the following HAL statement says that we can cancel worry free up to 30 days before. Does it apply to all bookings, or do you need a cancellation plan?

Flexible Cancellation 

« Book a cruise by September 30, 2022 (that departs through December 31, 2022) and you can cancel for any reason up to 30 days before departure and automatically receive a Future Cruise Credit in the amount of any non-refundable cancellation fees, with the remainder of what you paid for the cruise being refunded to the original form of payment under our Flexible Cancellation program. Additionally, you may cancel up to your sailing date if you test positive for COVID-19 and will also receive the same remuneration. »

And does it apply to existing bookings for cruises through December 31st?  I think a phone call to HAL or a TA is in order.  

My understanding is that this applies to everyone, not just those with the HAL plans.  I had to make it clear in my call to cancel that I was relying on this “Flexible Cancellation”.  Even then I had to call back a few weeks later to find that the first agent had not completed the paperwork needed to put me into this status.  The next person did complete the paperwork and I got the credit.  That being said, we did have the Platinum plan so it applied first and the Flexible Cancellation took care of the 10% that remained.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Tampa Girl said:

And does it apply to existing bookings for cruises through December 31st?  I think a phone call to HAL or a TA is in order.  

My understanding is that it applies to all bookings EXCEPT those booked after September 31 and those departing after December 31. It is an ongoing policy, not a 3 day sale. 
That said, if you cancel an existing booking and the agent you phone doesn’t think it applies, it’s not me that has the tie breaking vote.

14 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

My understanding is that it applies to all bookings EXCEPT those booked after September 31 and those departing after December 31. It is an ongoing policy, not a 3 day sale. 
That said, if you cancel an existing booking and the agent you phone doesn’t think it applies, it’s not me that has the tie breaking vote.

Thank you, and manteonc, for your replies.  We have been uncertain whether we really want to take a Caribbean cruise in late November.  Free cancellation will encourage us to make the final payment, after checking with our TA.  

I want to thank @FrankieSue for starting this thread. I would have been sewn into a Panama Cruise in October without the Worry-Free Booking and Flexible Cancellation. I had two bookings, one with Platinum Protection and my own paid for largely with FCC from March 2020, that is due to expire at the end of the year. 

Thanks to the Flexible Cancellation, we get back the 10% of the Platinum-protected fare (just not the payment FOR the Platinum) and we were able to reapply the FCC to a cruise just before the New Year from a port that doesn't require flying. If I had understood the Worry-Free policy I might have not bought the Platinum Protection at the end of June! but that amount is minor compared to our refund and ability to sail with our FCC at a better time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2022 at 12:44 AM, crystalspin said:

I want to thank @FrankieSue for starting this thread. I would have been sewn into a Panama Cruise in October without the Worry-Free Booking and Flexible Cancellation. I had two bookings, one with Platinum Protection and my own paid for largely with FCC from March 2020, that is due to expire at the end of the year. 

Thanks to the Flexible Cancellation, we get back the 10% of the Platinum-protected fare (just not the payment FOR the Platinum) and we were able to reapply the FCC to a cruise just before the New Year from a port that doesn't require flying. If I had understood the Worry-Free policy I might have not bought the Platinum Protection at the end of June! but that amount is minor compared to our refund and ability to sail with our FCC at a better time.

You are quite welcome. 

• Thanks 1