MSC Divina Review July 7, 2022 Sailing

rkcruiseky

On 7/12/2022 at 9:16 PM, coffeebean said:

d

Have you been to Royal Caribbean's Coco Cay? There is no comparison......absolutely none. Royal's private island has a gorgeous pool that has a different zip code from one end to the other. CocoCay also has a water park that rivals parks on land.

MSC's private island is lovely but is basically lots of palm trees and beaches. CocoCay has that plus LOTS more.

We have been to both.  We thought Ocean Cay was the loveliest paradise we've ever seen.

A few weeks ago we went to Coco Cay.  We arrived, we did the circuit, we went back to the ship. Loud music everywhere (all different), a closed-in feeling, no sense of paradise at all.  A great disappointment.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, TickledBlue said:

I don't understand why MSC doesn't let you put the credit card on your account during web check in like every other cruise line (well, that I've been on).   There's actually a button to do this but it doesn't work for the Seashore cruise I have coming up soon.  I was aware of the machines, just something extra that you need to do on the first day...

Very simple answer, because they did not manage it. For years there was the option to register the CC during web check in, in my case it NEVER worked. Always had to do it again at the real check in (as everybody else) and this delayed the check in heavily.

"I have done it already online" - "Yes, I know, we have to do it again now"

So they invested in these terminals.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

We have been to both.  We thought Ocean Cay was the loveliest paradise we've ever seen.

A few weeks ago we went to Coco Cay.  We arrived, we did the circuit, we went back to the ship. Loud music everywhere (all different), a closed-in feeling, no sense of paradise at all.  A great disappointment.

Reminds me about the cruise terminal in Costa Maya, a commercial nightmare, a place so terrible that one better stays in an inside cabin for the whole day.