4 Bottle In Suite Liquor Setup

mame42

I have had experience trading a bottle of complimentary sparking wine for a bottle of red.  However, my current booking has a complimentary liquor setup, and I don't often drink hard liqour.  Has anyone had any luck substituting the 4 bottle setup for an equal value in wine?  Thanks for any info. 

1 minute ago, mame42 said:

I have had experience trading a bottle of complimentary sparking wine for a bottle of red.  However, my current booking has a complimentary liquor setup, and I don't often drink hard liqour.  Has anyone had any luck substituting the 4 bottle setup for an equal value in wine?  Thanks for any info. 

How did you get that?  I have never seen that advertised by Holland America.  Perhaps your travel agent provided it as a perk?

56 minutes ago, mame42 said:

Apparently several besides me are interested in the answer to this question.  How do we get an answer?

My guess would be that you won't know for certain until you're onboard and ask.  What HAL tells you here is usually different from what they will tell you on the ship.

I plan to ask on our Grand Australia cruise. We drink more wine than hard liquor. 😉

I see you'll be going before I will, would you let us know?

On 7/11/2022 at 10:30 AM, Cruising-along said:

I'm interested in hearing answers too.  It comes with our Grand Australia booking. It's through HAL, not a travel agent.

You can get it through a travel agent.  They usually give all the perks that HAL is offering.  I think Mame may be referring to the four-bottle perk that comes with booking a suite on a Grand Voyage.  We got it on the Grand Asia and it is offered on the WC's.  I think, Mame, that there was a post somewhere on this forum that someone had changed out the bottles of liquor for wine.  Perhaps a search will bring it up. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tampa Girl said:

You can get it through a travel agent.  They usually give all the perks that HAL is offering.  I think Mame may be referring to the four-bottle perk that comes with booking a suite on a Grand Voyage.  We got it on the Grand Asia and it is offered on the WC's.  I think, Mame, that there was a post somewhere on this forum that someone had changed out the bottles of liquor for wine.  Perhaps a search will bring it up. 

Right, thanks for the correction about travel agents and tip about doing a search.  

We're getting it on the Grand Australia for booking a Vista Suite (to get a balcony on that ship) so I'm interested in answers too.