ACH Payment

lisaatric

There is a time limit within which we can get that 3.3% discount.  However it can be used for everything - optional excursions, SSBP,  insurance.  But it might only be up to 30 days before your cruise as I recall we could not get it for last minute stuff.  Like when the stateroom upgrade offer came just days before cruise 

• Like 1

On 7/11/2022 at 8:23 PM, WestW said:

Yes, our experience has been anything that you pay with ACH is always given the 3.3% discount. 

Off topic..but was wondering if the rental car situation has improved there? Doing a fly/drive trip (3rd attempt at this) in October and will be flying into Tucson. Planning to visit Saguaro, the Desert Museum, Mt. Lemmon, Sabino Canyon, and the Mission before moving on to NM and TX. I had it all booked for last year but then was told it was near impossible to get a car. Year before that I canceled due to covid. All set again but just need flights and the car. 

Edited by AnyWayIsGood

13 hours ago, AnyWayIsGood said:

Off topic..but was wondering if the rental car situation has improved there? Doing a fly/drive trip (3rd attempt at this) in October and will be flying into Tucson. Planning to visit Saguaro, the Desert Museum, Mt. Lemmon, Sabino Canyon, and the Mission before moving on to NM and TX. I had it all booked for last year but then was told it was near impossible to get a car. Year before that I canceled due to covid. All set again but just need flights and the car. 

I'm also from Tucson and my brothers could not get rental cars in Feb when they came in last minute when my sister passed away very unexpectedly. They were, however, able to get them in April for her memorial service. They reserved them weeks in advance. Hopefully you can get one by reserving way ahead of time. We live less than 5 minutes from Sabino Canyon. Enjoy your visit!!

19 hours ago, stretchcruz said:

Enjoy your visit!!

Thanks!  I plan to reserve a car and flights within the next few weeks - probably sooner rather than later would be good. Sabino looks like a great place to visit. We booked rooms at the Embassy Suites Paloma Village - only about 15 minutes from the canyon. Hoping to divide some time (during the same day) between Sabino and Saguaro Park East. It was suggested on Trip Advisor forums. Another day for Saguaro West and the Desert Museum. 

Edited by AnyWayIsGood

On 7/13/2022 at 6:57 AM, AnyWayIsGood said:

Planning to visit Saguaro, the Desert Museum, Mt. Lemmon, Sabino Canyon, and the Mission before moving on to NM and TX.

You’ve picked some great activities for your visit. We live in the Catalina Foothills near where you’ll be staying. Highly recommend Desert Museum / Saguaro National Park West over Saguaro east if time is short.  Also, Tohono Chul Park is just west of the Embassy Suites and worth a visit 

October is a great time of year here and hiking around Sabino Canyon will be beautiful. Enjoy your visit! 

• Thanks 1

West...thanks for your encouragement! I've not heard of Tohono but just checked it out. Looks great! Sounds like a possible brunch / lunch option as well. We might meet up at some point with a couple that we got to know on the Chairman's cruise. They also live right near the Embassy. 

Edited by AnyWayIsGood

Have lunch at El Charro when you are at Sabino Canyon. It's the longest family owned Mexican restaurant in the US. It's at Kolb and Sunrise right on your way. Breakfast at Bisbee Breakfast Club at Swan and Sunrise. Very close to where you are staying.

• Thanks 1

Stretchcruz....thanks so much for this advice!  I put 'em both in my notes! LOVE good Mexican food. 

Speaking of Sabino, I have trouble accessing directions. Google can't find it easily. I've tried Sabino Canyon Recreation Area, etc. So El Charro is on E. Sunrise, and so closer to Tucson than Sabino, right?   This is probably the best address to use for getting directions:  5700 N. Sabino Canyon Road

Edited by AnyWayIsGood

I think what we'll do - based on some suggestions I have - is to do Sabino Canyon and East Saguaro on the same day. Mt. Lemmon is probably best left for a day by itself. Either way, I have enough days to fit everything in that I'm hoping to while we're in the Tucson area. 

On 7/22/2022 at 8:50 AM, AnyWayIsGood said:

Stretchcruz....thanks so much for this advice!  I put 'em both in my notes! LOVE good Mexican food. 

Speaking of Sabino, I have trouble accessing directions. Google can't find it easily. I've tried Sabino Canyon Recreation Area, etc. So El Charro is on E. Sunrise, and so closer to Tucson than Sabino, right?   This is probably the best address to use for getting directions:  5700 N. Sabino Canyon Road

El Charro is on the southwest corner of Sunrise and Kolb. To get to Sabino Canyon you will head east on Sunrise to Sabino Canyon and turn left to the parking lot. 3 minutes.