NCL Introduces new "Free At Sea Plus" Packages

2 hours ago, Happycrafter123 said:

I’m reconsidering this now if I can’t add the extra meals.  If it comes down to better drinks or better food my husband and I are going to pick the food.  When I added the Plus it did not occur to me that would prevent me from being able to buy the extra specialty dinning for our other nights.  Hopefully they fix their system so we can have this package AND buy additional specialty dining. 

Why couldn't you add the extra meals?  Let's assume a 7 day cruise without Platinum status.  You'd get 2 as part of the FAS package and an additional 2 for FAS+.  So you're 3 short.  Can't you just buy a 3 meal package?

1 hour ago, kdawg954 said:

The site that has it broken down says the gratuities are additional, which makes sense but to your point we won't fully know until NCL officially rolls it out.

The premium plus drink package gratuities are $5.80 pp per day.  $29 a day + gratuities make it $34.80 a day per person.

The fine print on the image of the promo says that no additional gratuities will be charged. 

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, phillygwm said:

Actually, it's FASUP.

Actually on my reservation it is :

PROMO CODES:
AIRPROM3
BEVUP
CHOALL4M
DISC35
EASYFARE
FASUDP
LATITUDE
PPSRVCHG
SHX50
WIFISUP
CONFIRMATION

Edited by fox02554

29 minutes ago, fox02554 said:

PROMO CODES:
AIRPROM3
BEVUP
CHOALL4M
DISC35
EASYFARE
FASUDP
LATITUDE
PPSRVCHG
SHX50
WIFISUP

Mine shows as:

PROMO CODES: ALL4CHO DISC35 EASYFARE FASUP LATREW* META NCLHBENE SHX50

Not sure if yours is different because you have the Air Promo?  Or maybe because I'm a solo traveler (probably more likely?)

Edited by phillygwm

4 hours ago, phillygwm said:

Why couldn't you add the extra meals?  Let's assume a 7 day cruise without Platinum status.  You'd get 2 as part of the FAS package and an additional 2 for FAS+.  So you're 3 short.  Can't you just buy a 3 meal package?

Apparently not. See the post 4 before the one you quoted.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

Apparently not. See the post 4 before the one you quoted.

I’m hoping it’s just an IT issue on their end given this soft launch, as I can’t imagine they want to discourage people from buying extra add on meals??

this is what happens if you try to add it on after you put in credit card:800907D8-F740-485C-BE1C-A6C8842030A0.thumb.jpeg.4b88d8367b4c695f3c1a5c485dc40f2e.jpeg

Edited by Happycrafter123
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Happycrafter123 said:

I’m hoping it’s just an IT issue on their end given this soft launch, as I can’t imagine they want to discourage people from buying extra add on meals??

Are you trying to imply that there are sometimes issues with the NCL site? 😂

Seriously, though, it must be a tech error.  I can't possibly imagine that they'd want to dissuade people from buying more premium dinners!

• Haha 1

On 7/13/2022 at 12:24 PM, SeaShark said:

Well, that is a nice list of caveats, but you waited until AFTER you made the declaration (based on no numbers) to provide them. It would have been clearer had you provided the relevant information up front instead of parsing it out little by little. 

Besides, if you're only interested in ONE thing, it really makes no sense for you to comment on the value of the entire package at all...value in this, or any other, package comes from those who are interested in the entire package, not just one small part.

Haven’t been on here in a couple of years really but it’s clear that people are still snarky to each other. Isn’t the world situation bad enough? Be nice.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, phillygwm said:

Mine shows as:

PROMO CODES: ALL4CHO DISC35 EASYFARE FASUP LATREW* META NCLHBENE SHX50

Not sure if yours is different because you have the Air Promo?  Or maybe because I'm a solo traveler (probably more likely?)

Found the answer on another topic , maybe because mine has up Dinning too ???  FASDUP    My TA is wandering in Europe so someone in her Office did the Change to our reservation for me, there are a LOT of duplicate promo codes , she seems to think we now have 5 speciality dining meals EACH ( x the 4 of us ) doesnt sound right so will check in with our TA when she gets home 

17 hours ago, AwesomO said:

Hm. I booked before 1/18/22 but I'm not using the airfare promo. I wonder if they'd let me apply it in that case. Not sure if I want it yet anyway, but considering it. 

When I called my PCC to try this for my upcoming cruise (sailing 09/22) my intent was just to apply it to THAT cruise which met the after 1/18/22 booking criteria - I assumed (you know what that means) that I would not be able to apply it to a cruise that was actually booked pre 1/18/22 (sailing 12/22) because of the date stipulation AND I wasn't actually ready to PAY for that one.  My PCC insisted on trying and was able to add it and I didn't have to pay for it yet.  Final payment isn't due until 08/22.  Not sure if that was because this was a former cancel/rebook many, many, many times cruise or not, but my booking date is actually still showing as January 2020.  I do not partake of the air promo, so can't confirm from that perspective.

So, give it a try...

• Thanks 1

I tried adding it via chat but was told that because I'm beyond final payment, I had to call. I have no idea who our PCC is, and we didn't book through a TA (a mistake I won't make again), so after a short wait, I was able to talk to a NCL rep. He wasn't as friendly as some others but got it done. He sounded unsure about the promotion at the start of the phone call, but I gave him the promotion code (FASUP), which seemed to help speed it along.

16 hours ago, fox02554 said:

PROMO CODES:
AIRPROM3
BEVUP
CHOALL4M
DISC35
EASYFARE
FASUDP
LATITUDE
PPSRVCHG
SHX50
WIFISUP
CONFIRMATION

FASUDP is for the 2 additional dinings upgrade. I have those on my bookings after I purchased the dining upgrade. I did not get the FAS PLUS so I think the other poster is correct that FASUP would be specifically for the plus.  [now---it could be that they just listed the upgrades individually on your booking, but FASUDP is not the whole upgrade]

• Like 1

On 7/13/2022 at 3:37 PM, SeaShark said:

I never said you needed permission from me, or anyone else. Why would you make something up just to argue against it. THAT is what is silly.

In any case, what argument are you talking about? I just asked what the numbers were for your cruise, you responded that you had no idea. Since you really have no numbers, you have no basis to support your claim, so there isn't even anything to argue or disagree on.

This discussion reminds me of what's been going on within last 5+ years when all of a sudden a clueless or ignorant bunch (including cruisers, of course) "woke" up "thinking" the world must change on spot for me NOW.

Edited by kirtihk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had priced it out and decided to book it for my cruise next week. The customer service person said that my booking wasn’t eligible 🤷‍♀️. I did complete my main objective-getting a confirmation for my flights on Friday. Not sure if I want to play agent roulette right now or just leave it and see what happens on the cruise. 

We are sailing this Friday. Called yesterday, Sunday afternoon and got it added to our booking with no issues. Promo code is FASUP. We also had a water package which we had prepaid a few months ago and were able to cancel and get it refunded as well. Very easy! Looking forward to trying the Premium Plus Beverage package in a few days!!!

4 minutes ago, CTCruiser001 said:

We are sailing this Friday. Called yesterday, Sunday afternoon and got it added to our booking with no issues. Promo code is FASUP. We also had a water package which we had prepaid a few months ago and were able to cancel and get it refunded as well. Very easy! Looking forward to trying the Premium Plus Beverage package in a few days!!!

Glad you were able to get a refund on the water package! I was happy I hadn't booked any excursions yet so I didn't have to worry about that, but on that note...

After I added Free at Sea Plus by phone this morning, I got the amenity update and the cruise summary update in my e-mail and decided to start looking at excursions for our October sailing. At the time, it only showed the $50 credit for me (from Free at Sea) as the 1st passenger and nothing for my husband, who is the 2nd passenger. I waited a couple of hours, went back to excursions and both credits showed up, so I booked what we wanted.

What's weird, though, is that I booked an excursion at two different ports (namely, St. Thomas and Puerto Plata), and it gave me and my husband the $50 credit each on both excursions, seemingly undercharging us $100. I'm not sure if this is an error or if they are applying the $100 shareholder credit (which is an OBC).

6 minutes ago, rbxlady said:

What's weird, though, is that I booked an excursion at two different ports (namely, St. Thomas and Puerto Plata), and it gave me and my husband the $50 credit each on both excursions, seemingly undercharging us $100. I'm not sure if this is an error or if they are applying the $100 shareholder credit (which is an OBC).

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, that is what it should be.

3 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, that is what it should be.

You are correct! It's $100 per stateroom per tour. I was missing that last part. So that looks to be correct, and we still have our $100 OBC.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Well, spoke with 2 chat agents and a PCC and all say the same thing. Because I have the air promotion it won’t let them upgrade me to FASUP.  I don’t know what else to do other than cancel my air promotion and book it. Checking flights it might work out cheaper anyway. 🤷‍♂️   Congrats to those who got it added, I am clueless as to how. 

Anyone know if this will be available at boarding using OBC? We were going to use our gift of $1,000 OBC to upgrade the Premium Plus drink package but now that they've come out with this new offering we'd rather do the Free at Sea Plus if possible. I tried to call (3 times) and no one had a clue

On 7/13/2022 at 8:18 AM, BamaCruiser39 said:

Available immediately on new bookings as well as existing bookings.

May be an image of text

Can you repost whatever it is you were trying to post? I cannot access it, and I have a cruise coming up in November. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Dave994 said:

Well, spoke with 2 chat agents and a PCC and all say the same thing. Because I have the air promotion it won’t let them upgrade me to FASUP.  I don’t know what else to do other than cancel my air promotion and book it. Checking flights it might work out cheaper anyway. 🤷‍♂️   Congrats to those who got it added, I am clueless as to how. 

I never take the airfare, so that might be why they were able to add it to mine.

31 minutes ago, chillyw said:

I never take the airfare, so that might be why they were able to add it to mine.

i am going back and forth on the free airfare deal. It seems like a good deal at first, but I wont know until next year when I can price out airfare to be sure. 

I just find it weird that it would affect my ability to upgrade as I would think they would want people to take advantage of this. 

frustrating that others seem to able to and for whatever reason I can’t .