Is your room still ready right away if you’re platinum?

sturderick

We have yet to enter our room to very quickly drop off our luggage and find our steward in there, so we don't feel like we are interrupting him/her.  It's not like we go in there, rest a while, use the bathroom, etc. and then leave 30 minutes or an hour later.  And yes - we DO have jobs. We DO understand that they also have a job to do, so we are very respectful of them.  We also take the time to get to know them throughout the cruise and always smile and encourage them by telling them what a great job they are doing.  More than I can say for some other cruisers I've witnessed.  

3 hours ago, LHARTWICK said:

We have yet to enter our room to very quickly drop off our luggage and find our steward in there, so we don't feel like we are interrupting him/her.  It's not like we go in there, rest a while, use the bathroom, etc. and then leave 30 minutes or an hour later.  And yes - we DO have jobs. We DO understand that they also have a job to do, so we are very respectful of them.  We also take the time to get to know them throughout the cruise and always smile and encourage them by telling them what a great job they are doing.  More than I can say for some other cruisers I've witnessed.  

Once guests enter the cabin area, stewards switch into Guest Mode, watching their language and tone, pulling up cords, speaking in English (they are supposed to speak English when guests are within hearing), cover guest information and simply brace themselves for contact.  Plus a large amount of guests don't run in and out, they run down their steward to introduce themselves, tell them to get ice, put a few things away, ask the stewards for their card, use the bathroom so it needs to be refreshed for room inspection, etc.  

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Once guests enter the cabin area, stewards switch into Guest Mode, watching their language and tone, pulling up cords, speaking in English (they are supposed to speak English when guests are within hearing), cover guest information and simply brace themselves for contact.  Plus a large amount of guests don't run in and out, they run down their steward to introduce themselves, tell them to get ice, put a few things away, ask the stewards for their card, use the bathroom so it needs to be refreshed for room inspection, etc.  

Well said! Plus others who are not D/P see them going into the hallways and follow. I've seen everything you've mentioned happen plus moving piles of linens out of the way and cleaning buckets/supplies. This is when I had FTTF. I could definitely sense their frustration and certainly understand it. It's how I feel with guests or kids walking through your kitchen area when you are multitasking with the oven/stove, counters full of foodstuff on cutting boards with knives, supplies out and stuff in the sink. Not a good time, get the heck out! LOL. 

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 2