Food - what’s good, don’t miss or should avoid

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

I enjoyed reading this thread. I had seen topic before and had to search for it. Can someone tell me what night the garlic shrimp are on? Also can anyone recommend any vegetarian dishes?

If you enjoy Indian vegetarian, you will probably find them in the Windjammer at lunch.  They are very good.

On 8/6/2022 at 3:51 PM, Oceansaway17 said:

I have heard of Publix since my family lived in savannah for a while.

Up north we have Wegemans upscale grocery and they have great bakery as well

Wegman's bakery is excellent. No surprise as Wegman's started in areas where stand along bakeries exist and people are used to fresh bread meaning bread recently from the oven (sometimes still warm when purchased) with a crispy, crackly crust and tender, springy crumb. 

Wegman's and their competitors (Giant, Safeway, etc,) in the northeast/mid Atlantic area bake their bread several times a day with a time of baking on the label.

Publix on the other hand bakes their bread "fresh"  and then places a two -three day sell by date on it. Crust texture is nonexistent and the crumb is like foam rubber.

I dream of having a bakery (and bagel place) here in Florida.  

1 hour ago, Homosassa said:

Wegman's bakery is excellent. No surprise as Wegman's started in areas where stand along bakeries exist and people are used to fresh bread meaning bread recently from the oven (sometimes still warm when purchased) with a crispy, crackly crust and tender, springy crumb. 

Wegman's and their competitors (Giant, Safeway, etc,) in the northeast/mid Atlantic area bake their bread several times a day with a time of baking on the label.

Publix on the other hand bakes their bread "fresh"  and then places a two -three day sell by date on it. Crust texture is nonexistent and the crumb is like foam rubber.

I dream of having a bakery (and bagel place) here in Florida.  

i hear ya.  Those lenders in frozen section just are not that good.

Welp I tested negative, got the ArriveCan done and off to Seattle to catch the Quantum on Monday.

I love the breads and rolls on RCI ships as well as cookies.