Boarding time question

12 minutes ago, poocher said:

Doesn’t really apply to me.  I stay up til midnight to get an early boarding time and we, at least so far, only stay in suites.  But I do try very hard not to let other people affect my vacation.  Truly I have no idea what your arrival time is so how would I know you are “sneaking” in early?  It’s not my job to be the rules police.

You are in a suite. You get priority boarding. No problems with that.

4 hours ago, coaster said:

You state that the goal of the cruise company is to stagger the arrival of the passengers.  How are you helping that by trying to check in prior your assigned check in time? Interesting you feel your vacation is more important to those of us who wait for their assigned check in window.

Your right, out of all i typed, thats the most relevant part.  That I admitted that I arrive early and if allowed I enter.  I that really my fault at that point? I guess your right I have all the control.

Look clearly you drive under the speed limit at all times. 

and Yes the cruise companies are smart enough to realize nothing will go to plan, even under the most ideal situations.  However because people will arrive early and late and mostly on time, in the end the ship gets loaded and people  get to enjoy.  I am glad you are here to keep us honest. 

12 hours ago, rudeney said:

The real issue I see is that RCCL is creating a policy that they don't always enforce.  If they aren't going to enforce check-in times, then they should not require reserving them.  It just makes passengers anxious about jumping through one more hoop before their cruise.  It would be like Southwest Airlines still having people check-in or pay for Early Bird and then show up to the airport without any boarding order enforcement.  It's going to create havoc and piss off all the people who tried to play be the rules.  

MDR dress code (when there was one)

Saving loungers at the pool.

Now add boarding times to the list.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2022 at 6:31 PM, coaster said:

We stuck to our check in time back in May on Allure. It was a b2b for 14 nights so no rush to board. Going only for nights on 6 nights in August. Noticed in May they were not checking times in Ft Lauderdale like they did out of Tampa late last year. No way the crowd to board had times equal or before us at 11:30am.

Anyway, seen reports that suites down to Diamond's are called first to board. How does that work when you are assigned a boarding time now? We have 11:30 am boarding time again in August.  We are Diamond also.

My experience in Fort Lauderdale is that its a free for all. They had signs for check in times but nobody was actually checking and they were letting anybody in who was there

On 7/15/2022 at 8:58 PM, taglovestocruise said:

Some fly in and have nothing to do but head to the port.  Some try to time the drive and get there a hour or so early.  We were driving to Disneyland the morning of the cruise to have breakfast with our son, his wife and two kids.  20 minutes before arriving at Disney our son called to cancel because his 1 year old was sick. We said heck with Disney and drove straight to the port, got there almost two hours early.  No lines and they were letting everyone board around 11:30. Some don't cheat, it is just the way things work out.

Its still cheating lol just because you were bored doesn't make it okay to cut ahead of everybody who's adhering to the time they're supposed to arrive

For Terminal 5/Mariner...  One seating area for everyone.  Then they called boarding groups.  Then folks lined up.  Did people with a later boarding time sneak in?  No idea.  

We got to port around 1030, 11a boarding group, boarded about 1125, reported to muster, and in WJ by 1145.

• Like 2