Cancellation of our June 2023 Scenic Scandinavia cruise on the Neptune.

DGHOC

We've received notification that Viking have made the decision to reduce the number of Scenic Scandinavia departures and redeploy Viking Neptune. We have been offered the same cruise on The Jupiter just a week later with on board financial credit to compensate us.

Despite being told that our stateroom would remain the same, it has been changed on an email just received. We were in 5012, a cabin we have sailed in twice before, but it has been changed to 5009 for this trip. Could I ask you experienced Viking travellers whether 5009 is a good swop for us? We love the quiet location of 5012 which has a door and window combination which we were happy with. 5009, whilst in a similar quiet location, is on the opposite side of the ship. Sorry for my lack of technical nautical jargon but 5009 will be closer to the 'sticking out Bridge observation area' , would that impede views? Anyone stayed in this cabin and know whether it has a door and window or a slider? 

Goodness me, this is the fifth attempt at this cruise now. Hopefully fifth time lucky! 

1 hour ago, DGHOC said:

We've received notification that Viking have made the decision to reduce the number of Scenic Scandinavia departures and redeploy Viking Neptune. We have been offered the same cruise on The Jupiter just a week later with on board financial credit to compensate us.

Despite being told that our stateroom would remain the same, it has been changed on an email just received. We were in 5012, a cabin we have sailed in twice before, but it has been changed to 5009 for this trip. Could I ask you experienced Viking travellers whether 5009 is a good swop for us? We love the quiet location of 5012 which has a door and window combination which we were happy with. 5009, whilst in a similar quiet location, is on the opposite side of the ship. Sorry for my lack of technical nautical jargon but 5009 will be closer to the 'sticking out Bridge observation area' , would that impede views? Anyone stayed in this cabin and know whether it has a door and window or a slider? 

Goodness me, this is the fifth attempt at this cruise now. Hopefully fifth time lucky! 

Just checked some of my photos and it looks like 5009 is about 2 cabins aft of the bridge wing and 1 deck lower. The bridge wing will block some of the stars at night, but you should see all the horizon on the stbd side.

• Like 1

I was curious  when I saw that  the Neptune sailings were listed as SOLD OUT. Now I know why, thanks for the update.  Wonder where Neptune will be redeployed?

We are booked on the Jupiter , June 12-22  for the Scandinavian Scenic cruise.  There was still lots of DV staterooms available when last looked but not for some other categories.  

DGHOC, are you now on  the June 12 sailing on  he Jupiter? 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Azulann said:

I was curious  when I saw that  the Neptune sailings were listed as SOLD OUT. Now I know why, thanks for the update.  Wonder where Neptune will be redeployed?

We are booked on the Jupiter , June 12-22  for the Scandinavian Scenic cruise.  There was still lots of DV staterooms available when last looked but not for some other categories.  

DGHOC, are you now on  the June 12 sailing on  he Jupiter? 

Yes that's the one Azulann, are you on there too?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BluebonnetTexan said:

Looks like they added Neptune to the Iconic Iceland, Greenland, & Canada itinerary instead. @CharTrav will need to update her spreadsheet! 😉

Slave driver! Thoughts of punishment, good works, rewards thereof..... You folks are a hoot! 😉😁

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1