Blue Hole Park

mcarbone2001

• 6 months later...

I looked this up on the Bermuda site it says entrance is free? Is swimming allowed in the grotto or do you need to be on a tour? Taking family in April looking for other things to do over two full days. Doing the caves, zoo and in Hamilton BLEU I think that's the place we went a few years ago grandson wants to go back.

Thanks for any information on the Blue Hole (Tom Moore's Jungle).

27 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

I looked this up on the Bermuda site it says entrance is free? Is swimming allowed in the grotto or do you need to be on a tour? Taking family in April looking for other things to do over two full days. Doing the caves, zoo and in Hamilton BLEU I think that's the place we went a few years ago grandson wants to go back.

Thanks for any information on the Blue Hole (Tom Moore's Jungle).

There is no entrance fee. Supposedly only people on the Hidden Gems tour are allowed to swim in the Grotto. If they are there they will tell you that. There may be or have been signage. There was an article in the Royal Gazette about it about five years ago. From my reading of reports from recent visitors people have been jumping in who are not on tours. 

Edited by Charles4515

6 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

There is no entrance fee. Supposedly only people on the Hidden Gems tour are allowed to swim in the Grotto. If they are there they will tell you that. There may be or have been signage. There was an article in the Royal Gazette about it about five years ago. From my reading of reports from recent visitors people have been jumping in who are not on tours. 

Thank you, we went when we were much younger, that was before tours took over.

Well we will still go to the other things, last trip they spent time at the beaches, beautiful but Bermuda has so much more. Want a whale watch but they end the day we arrive and they leave the dock yard two hours before we dock. Maybe we will spot some from the ship coming in 😊.

On 2/10/2023 at 8:11 PM, Charles4515 said:

My husband and I went in back in 2018.  We were on an overnight cruise stop and had the vespas so were exploring.  There was another group of people swimming as well without a tour guide.  This was around 4 in the afternoon.  I had no idea this was a no no!!  

49 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

My husband and I went in back in 2018.  We were on an overnight cruise stop and had the vespas so were exploring.  There was another group of people swimming as well without a tour guide.  This was around 4 in the afternoon.  I had no idea this was a no no!!  

I think most people who visit go swimming there and have no idea. It is a nature preserve and when the group that oversees it decided no swimming there to protect it the Hidden Gems Tour group objected and was able to get an exemption because swimming there was a major part of their tour and the Hidden Gems tour company had been doing their tour for many years. I don’t recall the year that happened. There is supposed to be a sign but I have never seen it. Some have reported that they were informed by someone with the tour company which happened to be there at the time when they visited. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...