Not sure about Privee. Opinions?

Traveller94

22 minutes ago, sirtom said:

Do you tip the Privee servers?

We did. The person who organized it collected $ for the room rental and gratuity and rounded it up to the nearest $5 as a tip. 
So if it is now $300 rental they would collect $40 pp, 

OP here. I know this thread has taken on a life of its own, but I thought I would report back for anyone who wondered.

I let the concierge know that I was thinking of canceling Privee since we would be dining on our own and, as a picky almost vegetarian, I wasn’t that fond of the special menus. He arranged a meeting with the Sr Executive Chef who sat down with us a created a special menu for us. We ended up having a wonderful night with fantastic food. It was the highlight meal of the cruise. They made an out of this world emmenthal cheese soufflé, which I suggested they consider adding to the menu for those that can’t eat or don’t like goat cheese.

About the tipping question. Unfortunately, we didn’t think about this until in the room, where we didn’t have any cash. Our waiter definitely deserved a tip, so my DH found him in the main dining room the next morning.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

We have always tipped, whether that night or at the end of the cruise and made a specific effort to find our fantastic waiters. One thing, those waiters are picked specifically for that assignment and expectations are high on their performance.  Definitely include their name in the mid cruise or end of the cruise critiques, it is important. On our last trip we ran into one of our outstanding Privee waiters from a Pre Covid cruise and he came up and introduced himself. It was that Oceania family feeling that makes Oceania cruises special. We keep a list  and name tag photos going so we do not miss them in the critiques.

Enjoy, Mauibabes

1 hour ago, mauibabes said:

We have always tipped, whether that night or at the end of the cruise and made a specific effort to find our fantastic waiters. One thing, those waiters are picked specifically for that assignment and expectations are high on their performance.  Definitely include their name in the mid cruise or end of the cruise critiques, it is important. On our last trip we ran into one of our outstanding Privee waiters from a Pre Covid cruise and he came up and introduced himself. It was that Oceania family feeling that makes Oceania cruises special. We keep a list  and name tag photos going so we do not miss them in the critiques.

Enjoy, Mauibabes

Great idea to keep a list of names I am always racking my brain the last night trying to remember the names I swore I wouldnt forget

Jancruz1

3 hours ago, Traveller94 said:

OP here. I know this thread has taken on a life of its own, but I thought I would report back for anyone who wondered.

I let the concierge know that I was thinking of canceling Privee since we would be dining on our own and, as a picky almost vegetarian, I wasn’t that fond of the special menus. He arranged a meeting with the Sr Executive Chef who sat down with us a created a special menu for us. We ended up having a wonderful night with fantastic food. It was the highlight meal of the cruise. They made an out of this world emmenthal cheese soufflé, which I suggested they consider adding to the menu for those that can’t eat or don’t like goat cheese.

About the tipping question. Unfortunately, we didn’t think about this until in the room, where we didn’t have any cash. Our waiter definitely deserved a tip, so my DH found him in the main dining room the next morning.

Thank you for the update on your experience.   I have Privee booked for my husband’s birthday on 9/15 on Riviera.    Very much looking forward to this special evening.   😊

Joe

Edited by JoePDX

1 hour ago, JoePDX said:

Thank you for the update on your experience.   I have Privee booked for my husband’s birthday on 9/15 on Riviera.    Very much looking forward to this special evening.   😊

Joe

Joe, the Privee staff brought me a cake and sang. The room steward and butler decorated the room. Everyone on Riviera made me feel very special for my birthday. I think your husband with love it.

• Thanks 1

On 9/5/2022 at 1:16 PM, Traveller94 said:

Joe, the Privee staff brought me a cake and sang. The room steward and butler decorated the room. Everyone on Riviera made me feel very special for my birthday. I think your husband with love it.

We have Privee booked but there are 12 of us sailing together. It says 10. Will we have trouble fitting another 2 in?  We were going to ask when we are onboard because hard exclude one couple. 

55 minutes ago, hazenumber1 said:

We have Privee booked but there are 12 of us sailing together. It says 10. Will we have trouble fitting another 2 in?  We were going to ask when we are onboard because hard exclude one couple. 

On Riviera, they told us they sometimes add two extra places, so I think it’s definitely possible.

1 hour ago, Traveller94 said:

On Riviera, they told us they sometimes add two extra places, so I think it’s definitely possible.

Sounds good.

Overthinking alert: I wonder, do they add 2 smaller chairs or switch out the 10 big chairs for 12 smaller chairs? Inquiring minds want to know lol. Please deport back!