RCCL's deluxe beach break at Playa Mia question

We'll be in Cozumel on Adventure OTS in January.  Looking at this RCCL excursion to Playa Mia which includes transportation, the lunch buffet, drinks, etc. When I log into the cruise planner, it says the excursion departs at 9:00 am and is four hours long.  I assume that means at the end of four hours, we get back on the bus back to the ship; is that correct?  I've seen other beach excursions that have return transportation options -- for example, every hour on the hour -- so you can stay longer if you want to, but this one seems to be just the four hours. 

Normally the length of the excursion is from when you leave the ship until you get back to the ship.  So, you get back to the ship at the 4 hour mark.  So, leave the port around 9 and back to the ship around 1.  We did a Playa Mia excursion several years ago.  I seem to remember it's about a 15 min ride each way.  We were sent in cabs, not a bus.

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, GEORGIEGIRL said:

If you are able to. Why not just book it directly on your own (that way you can stay ALL DAY) and just take a taxi back & forth at your leisure.

EXACTLY what I'd do...  Allows you to get there before everyone else does and leave after they're gonna.  Easy taxi ride..

I recently did the Playa Mia beach break on a celebrity cruise. If I went again I would just book the trip on my own and take a taxi there. Stay as long as you want, no rush to get back.

www.playamia.com