what happens if..you fill in the ArriveCan and then test positive and cannot travel?

Camelia-

Hi there,

My sister is scheduled to take the cruise starting in FLL and heading up to Quebec City. The date is July 23rd. 

I hope that you don't mind a few questions that she has (I haven't travelled since the pandemic so I'm no help)!

1. If her cruise starts Saturday does she fill in the ArriveCan today or tomorrow?

2. Her antigen test is scheduled for tomorrow but what happens if she fills in the ArriveCan app and tests positive? What happens to the receipt and does she have to notify anyone that she won't be travelling?

3. She lives in Ottawa but after the cruise she plans to stay two days in Montreal at a hotel before taking the train back home. In the app it gives you the choice of choosing Returning HOme or Hotel etc..it doesn't seem to let you choose both so I'm assuming that she would choose return home since that is where she will ultimately be? 

Thanks so much for your help..on her behalf and on mine!! I've learned so much from reading your posts!

1. Either, any time within 72 hours of scheduled departure.

2. It is possible to delete a trip, simply log back in and select delete.

3. The port address or hotel where she is staying in Montreal would, I think be more appropriate. She won't be travelling I suspect if she tested positive on the cruise.

15 minutes ago, broberts said:

1. Either, any time within 72 hours of scheduled departure.

2. It is possible to delete a trip, simply log back in and select delete.

3. The port address or hotel where she is staying in Montreal would, I think be more appropriate. She won't be travelling I suspect if she tested positive on the cruise.

On the other hand, if she tested positive wouldn’t she be more likely to go home to quarantine. 

She won't know if she will contract COVID before she even sails. Since she does not plan to return home directly after disembarking, she should use the hotel address - the location where she PLANS to stay at the time she completes the arrivecan.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I got Covid on a cruise ship on the way to Vancover. We were taken to the Sheraton air port hotel. Canada has a 10 day quarantine period and we had to pay the hotel at check-in which is not cheep. Nothing is cheep in Canada! Hope my insurance helps with the cost.

Don't test positive in Canada