Check in online

Guest Cooltocruise1

Guest Cooltocruise1

I am not computer literate and do not own one just my smart android phone. I have just read that I need 2 passport photos and to check in online. Could some one please explain the procedure if it is possible to do it on a phone without printer and do I need photos from a photo booth and if so how do I upload them? All help welcome. Thank you 

2 minutes ago, Cooltocruise1 said:

I am not computer literate and do not own one just my smart android phone. I have just read that I need 2 passport photos and to check in online. Could some one please explain the procedure if it is possible to do it on a phone without printer and do I need photos from a photo booth and if so how do I upload them? All help welcome. Thank you 

They always seem to take a photo at checkin at the terminal even if you have done it on line. Do not worry about it.

Just now, Fionboard said:

They always seem to take a photo at checkin at the terminal even if you have done it on line. Do not worry about it.

Just take a picture of your self ( selfie). Up load that, doesn't matter what you look like as they will probably take another one at check in. Don't be too concerned.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cooltocruise1 said:

Don't worry about not being computer literate, neither are P&O.

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

57 minutes ago, Cooltocruise1 said:

I am not aware that P&O have ever needed physical photographs,  certainly not in the recent past.

Where did you read that you needed two photographs ?

Guest Cooltocruise1

I cannot do a link but in "already booked" there is a heading "Online check-in" where it say to complete online check in you'll need

Booking reference 

Passport details 

Passport style photos for each guest 

I thought that would mean passport photos of every guest . I think I may have taken it too literally.

Just now, Cooltocruise1 said:

I cannot do a link but in "already booked" there is a heading "Online check-in" where it say to complete online check in you'll need

Booking reference 

Passport details 

Passport style photos for each guest 

I thought that would mean passport photos of every guest . I think I may have taken it too literally.

Yes, probably. Don't worry. They will take photos at check in.

Yes they usually retake the photo at the terminal: sadly I rarely get the soft focus shot I politely request!

It is always impressive seeing how ultra organised some folk are with labelled wallet files per item of paper needed etc…not to mention spotting who in the party is “the boss”! We tend to just turn up with a battered folder with the stuff in. And screenshots on our camera roll of everything - just in case! But each time we cruise, adopting a super organised file approach is on our “must do next time” list: one day we will!

Edited by Camberley
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Camberley said:

Yes they usually retake the photo at the terminal: sadly I rarely get the soft focus shot I politely request!

It is always impressive seeing how ultra organised some folk are with labelled wallet files per item of paper needed etc…not to mention spotting who in the party is “the boss”! We tend to just turn up with a battered folder with the stuff in. And screenshots on our camera roll of everything - just in case! But each time we cruise, adopting a super organised file approach is on our “must do next time” list: one day we will!

Some of the US posters on other parts of CC are super efficient. They have a folder for every port,  with all relevant tourist infirmation, spending money,  time schedule etc. Makes me feel tired just thinking about it !

And I'm currently reading a live from blog on the Princess page. Every waking minute in London is mapped out. I am impressed in some ways, but spontaneity to me is one of the joys of travel, rather than having to adhere to a strict time table. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Billish said:

Some of the US posters on other parts of CC are super efficient. They have a folder for every port,  with all relevant tourist infirmation, spending money,  time schedule etc. Makes me feel tired just thinking about it !

And I'm currently reading a live from blog on the Princess page. Every waking minute in London is mapped out. I am impressed in some ways, but spontaneity to me is one of the joys of travel, rather than having to adhere to a strict time table. 

Yes a strict timetable and total rigour on the holiday makes me want to curl up or hide. Despite a few things loosely mapped out before hand, spontaneity is indeed a real treat - perhaps even a luxury? - for us. 

I’ve the attention span of a gnat with many of those “me me me”-type blogs: with few exceptions, I rarely get a sense of them actually enjoying their holiday or living in the moment at the expense of having to take certain shots and write about every little thing.

• Like 1

Morning

I have three cabins booked for upcoming cruise. Last week checked in and downloaded boarding pass, luggage labels and e ticket for one cabin.

Today I try to check in other two cabins. All data goes in but will not recognise this by enabling luggage labels and e ticket. Just to check back to the one I did last week and it indicates that cannot yet get e ticket or print luggage labels

Anyone else having similar problems?

2 hours ago, Camberley said:

I’ve the attention span of a gnat with many of those “me me me”-type blogs: with few exceptions, I rarely get a sense of them actually enjoying their holiday or living in the moment at the expense of having to take certain shots and write about every little thing.

You are right. Some of them sound more like a pre-flight checklist to be ticked off, rather than a holiday.  

St Pauls, Churchill War Rooms and the British Museum all squeezed into a single morning for example! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Orianababes said:

Morning

I have three cabins booked for upcoming cruise. Last week checked in and downloaded boarding pass, luggage labels and e ticket for one cabin.

Today I try to check in other two cabins. All data goes in but will not recognise this by enabling luggage labels and e ticket. Just to check back to the one I did last week and it indicates that cannot yet get e ticket or print luggage labels

Anyone else having similar problems?

I had that problem on my MacBook Air.   Our family have 3 cabins booked so my son came round with his HP laptop and was able to print off the luggage labels and e-tickets for all 3 cabins with no problem. 

I have always been able to print all my tickets etc off using the MacBook but not this time.  If it happens next time I'll try and get Customer Services to help if I can get through on the phone.

On 7/23/2022 at 9:31 AM, Camberley said:

Yes a strict timetable and total rigour on the holiday makes me want to curl up or hide. Despite a few things loosely mapped out before hand, spontaneity is indeed a real treat - perhaps even a luxury? - for us. 

I'm the same with YouTube Vlogs, although I feel like a total hypocrite about them. I actually really enjoy watching them, but I always think "oh I couldn't be bothered doing all that filming, I'd rather just enjoy my holiday". Especially when they are filming their meals. (Although I again like seeing the food and the menus).