Move Up invite came today - 73 days to sailing on Summit

letsgogogo

Several questions from experienced Celebrity cruisers who have used move up..

1. Is it typical to get the MoveUp invite email this far in advance? If not, why do you think this is? I ask because this sailing is about sold out except for a few inside an ocean view cabins. Summit on 10/3/22. 

2.  Have any of you gotten bids accepted this far out, at 73 days!

3. Have any of you had a bid accepted for say a veranda, then later received another move up offer for a suite at a later date? I’m guessing this just does not happen. I booked an inside cabin because that’s all was available when I reserved. My move up offers were for all categories except for suites. Curious if a sky suite would be offered at a later time for a second move up bid.

I entered a bid for all categories, offering something in the “strong” bid range. Fingers crossed. Trying to gauge if I might get a bid win sooner rather than later. I realize it can come as late as 48 hours before the sailing.

They have been sending them out early recently.    All 3 of our Summit Cruises in August became available at 75 days.    I only received one invite but was able to go in once people on our roll call mentioned they received invites.  

I was able to bid using the link in the Manage Cruise.

While they send out the invites early, in my experience they don't award cabins until about 10 days before sailing.   On our August 8 cruise a number of people on our roll call were asking if anyone had been awarded an upgrade.  So far no one has.

On question #3.   My experience is once a bid is awarded all other bids are cancelled and you can not bid again.  

8 minutes ago, flifish64 said:

I have noticed several people reporting the bid status as Pending or Cancelled.

Where does one go on the web site to check the status of a move up bid

Carol

You have to click the link on the confirmation of your original bid.   If you go in via the link on the website it only shows one with the others as pending or potentially cancelled.   But when you go in by the link all are open.

On the other side if close to cruise all go cancelled and one Pending that usualy means 95% odds you have won.

15 hours ago, letsgogogo said:

3. Have any of you had a bid accepted for say a veranda, then later received another move up offer for a suite at a later date? I’m guessing this just does not happen. I booked an inside cabin because that’s all was available when I reserved. My move up offers were for all categories except for suites. Curious if a sky suite would be offered at a later time for a second move up bid.

Once your bid is accepted, that's it... you're moved in the system automatically. It's also a one-and-done deal. You don't get a chance to bid, win the upgrade, and then subsequently bid on a higher room category to upgrade a second time.

Re: suites. Many times lines that use the bidding system (Royal and NCL included) will set limits as to how many levels "up" you can go from what you originally booked. In your case, the max upgrade the system appears to be allowing for your booking and trip is from inside to Aqua.

A few months ago on Royal Caribbean, prices kept dropping for a cruise, so we were able to move from an inside stateroom to an Oceanview, and subsequently to an obstructed hull balcony by calling the reservations line and having them move us (not bidding on upgrades). In that case, it's SUPER important to go back into the upgrade system and cancel your old bids on lower cat. staterooms, because they remain active and live in the Plusgrade system. I've seen comments by passengers on Cruise Critic who got themselves upgraded by the line when prices dropped, and then downgraded (and charged!) to a lower category when their bids were accepted later on, and there's little to no recourse.

• Thanks 2