Christmas and New Year Panama Canal and pacific

Cruisenewbie63

Hello   
just booked our first Viking Cruise for this December,   From Ft Lauderdale to Los Angeles 

wondering if any of you seasoned Viking Cruiser’s. Could advise on dress code on New Years Eve,  is it a bit more dressy?  

thanks 

1 hour ago, Cruisenewbie63 said:

Hello   
just booked our first Viking Cruise for this December,   From Ft Lauderdale to Los Angeles 

wondering if any of you seasoned Viking Cruiser’s. Could advise on dress code on New Years Eve,  is it a bit more dressy?  

thanks 

No special dress code at all.  Look at my Viking journey or the web site for what they say regarding suggestions.  
we’ve done the holiday cruise, and people did wear red at Christmas.  Certainly though no dress up for NYE.  We did see one man with a jacket and dress shirt but no ties ever.  
you should also post on your cruises roll call.  

2 hours ago, Cruisenewbie63 said:

Thanks for the advice.   Sorry to ask. What’s a cruise roll call?   Is it cruise critic members going on the same cruise?   Thanks 

Here is a link to the collection of Viking ship roll calls. Scroll down and select your ship. You can then look for your sailing, where pax on that cruise can discuss tours, etc.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/768-viking-ocean-roll-calls/

Not much dressing up either Christmas or New Year’s Eve.  We did get an incredible chocolate extravaganza one year.  Viking ships are gorgeous at Christmas, they decorate them up well.

Our next cruise will be the third Christmas we spent on board.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cruisenewbie63 said:

We did this cruise last year.  It was the first leg of the world cruise.  The ship was beautifully decorated, as has been said, and we had a fun New Year’s Day brunch and we had a nice bottle of champagne delivered for NYE.  I took sparkly shoes and a glittery jacket, and wore them, but most people didn’t really get that dressed up.  But my red shoes were a hit, and I had fun!  Dress as you like, I’d say.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/22/2022 at 3:08 PM, Heidi13 said:

Here is a link to the collection of Viking ship roll calls. Scroll down and select your ship. You can then look for your sailing, where pax on that cruise can discuss tours, etc.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/768-viking-ocean-roll-calls/

I am booked on that cruise as well. It does not appear to have its own roll call because it is the first leg of the World Cruise. And that roll call is going way to fast to keep track. And I understand. If I could do a world cruise, I'd be super excited and involved as well. 

I am really curious to see how the dynamic on the cruise will be. For us, that 18 days is the longest cruise we ever did, with work and all.

Edited by angelhelly

On 7/22/2022 at 5:40 PM, CCWineLover said:

No special dress code at all.  Look at my Viking journey or the web site for what they say regarding suggestions.  
we’ve done the holiday cruise, and people did wear red at Christmas.  Certainly though no dress up for NYE.  We did see one man with a jacket and dress shirt but no ties ever.  
you should also post on your cruises roll call.  

Hello Angelhelly 

Longest cruise we have ever done is 2 weeks.  But with Christmas and New year and further distance ( for us). Longer period will be nice.  We are tagging on a few extra days of n LA also.   Really looking forward to it and new ship too.