Transportation from FLL airport to Miami Hotel late night

stone1061

there are usually taxis available when you exit the airport.  Also you can pre arrange a car service to meet you.  I use one here all the time, for pickups at the airport.  they  are available 24 hrs. Advise if interested .

2 hours ago, poorsusan said:

Uber does trip from FLL to Miami for sure??  what would be the approximate cost?  I am trying to figure my airfare right now for a February trip.

$50+ or taxi for about $75+ on the meter.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, poorsusan said:

thanks so much for the info.  I was doing my research today for the airfares and hotels.  This helps a lot.  

Your other option is to stay near FLL (hotel shuttles may not be running that late?) and then use SAS or another shuttle service to get to POM the next morning - fares start at about $15 per person each way (FLL to POM or POM to FLL).  Check their web site for a current list of hotels they pick up at to save yourself a trip back to the airport just to get on the shuttle van.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Your other option is to stay near FLL (hotel shuttles may not be running that late?) and then use SAS or another shuttle service to get to POM the next morning - fares start at about $15 per person each way (FLL to POM or POM to FLL).  Check their web site for a current list of hotels they pick up at to save yourself a trip back to the airport just to get on the shuttle van.

I just found Miami Cruise Ship Shuttle ...from FLL airport to Port of Miami is $20 per person one way.  Would just have to uber back to the airport from hotel if we stay in Fort Lauderdale.  I think we may transit with Fort Lauderdale.  The airfare and hotel is less expensive than Miami.  I am coming from Upstate NY so need to come down the day before for sure  - especially in the winter time.  

• Like 2

On 7/22/2022 at 1:55 PM, stone1061 said:

We land at 12:43 am

Op just a thought,

I have made this trip several times and I have learned it is better for my sanity to stay near FLL when arriving that late. At that hour I just want to get to my hotel for a good nights sleep, eat a good breakfast, then use SAS or other ground options to get to Miami.

Btw I use this rule for all late arriving flights. I grab a highly rated property near the airport with a reliable shuttle. It makes the stress of travel and any delays much more tolerable.

12 hours ago, Ilovesailaway said:

Op just a thought,

I have made this trip several times and I have learned it is better for my sanity to stay near FLL when arriving that late. At that hour I just want to get to my hotel for a good nights sleep, eat a good breakfast, then use SAS or other ground options to get to Miami.

Btw I use this rule for all late arriving flights. I grab a highly rated property near the airport with a reliable shuttle. It makes the stress of travel and any delays much more tolerable.

Good answer and makes sense to stay in FLL when you arrive after midnight.