visa requirements for Caribbean cruises (for Chinese citizen)

gtd

Hi there. I'm a Canadian citizen, so this question applies more so for my wife who is Chinese citizen with a Canadian PR card. I'm also somewhat of a newbie to the world of cruising...

I'm hoping to take her on her first cruise in the fall and just getting started on looking into what is required for her, figured I'd ask this lovely forum first.

Are there certain exemptions for requiring visa's when on a cruise or will she require a visa for every port we land at, including an American visa assuming we depart from Miami/Ft. Lauderdale. Is there a "one-stop-shop" to get this all done?

Anyone with similar experience or advice?

Thanks in advance!

I will repeat what I say whenever anyone asks a question such as yours.  None of us are lawyers.  Even if we were lawyers, I would guess that none of us are immigration  lawyers.   Even fewer of us are Canadian immigration lawyers.  If we give you bad advice based on what we think is true, you both could end up on the dock instead of on the ship.  I wouldn't even totally trust what the cruise line tells you as they can not be knowledgeable about all the immigration issues at all the ports that they visit.

Therefore, you need to contact all the relevant agencies - Canadian, American and the agencies of the countries that you will be visiting to find out where you stand.

DON

• Like 1

15 hours ago, gtd said:

Is there a "one-stop-shop" to get this all done?

The only "one stop" places might be the Chinese consulate or Canada's foreign office.  Other than that, yes, you would need to contact the consular services of each country you plan to visit.

21 hours ago, gtd said:

Hi there. I'm a Canadian citizen, so this question applies more so for my wife who is Chinese citizen with a Canadian PR card. I'm also somewhat of a newbie to the world of cruising...

I'm hoping to take her on her first cruise in the fall and just getting started on looking into what is required for her, figured I'd ask this lovely forum first.

Are there certain exemptions for requiring visa's when on a cruise or will she require a visa for every port we land at, including an American visa assuming we depart from Miami/Ft. Lauderdale. Is there a "one-stop-shop" to get this all done?

Anyone with similar experience or advice?

Thanks in advance!

You can hire one of the Visa procurement companies to obtain the required Visas for you.

For our last cruise, the cruise line paid for GenVisa in Washington DC to procure all required Visas. We completed the forms, mailed them with our passports and they were returned in about 6 weeks. 

About 15 yrs ago, we used a local company in Vancouver to get us the China Visa, as I was still working and didn't have 2 days to stand queuing at the Chinese Consulate.