Bravo to NCL for the responsiveness!

patch216

Hi, just wanted to share that I’ve been quite impressed by customer service so far with NCL.   I’ve cruised many, many times on Royal, but am about four months out from my first one on NCL.   NCL’s responsiveness has made a good impression in two ways as compared to Royal:

1) They seem to stay on top of their call center staffing!   I’ve called a few times and the wait was only 10

minutes — and, they offer the option to call you back when you’re next in queue!

2) I submitted a special needs form about some dietary restrictions (food allergies), and was prepared to wait days or weeks for it to be noted on my reservation.   It was done and communicated to me within 15 minutes!

Wow, go NCL!  

I had a similar experience last week. I upgraded to a Haven through my TA and when it was updated on my NCL account, my internet and dining package was dropped. I called the Haven concierge number. The automatic system said it would be an 8 minute wait but could get a call back, which I requested. Less than a minute later, I was called back. 

the lady was the nicest person I’ve talked to in years. She quickly saw AND fixed the problem. Then she noticed my wife’s Latitudes account was not accurate and had that fixed too. We then discussed what we wanted in our cabin including kinds of pillows. She never seemed rushed and wanted to make sure I’m happy with everything. 

I figure NCL puts their best people on the concierge phones but this was a real nice change from some of the “help” hotlines I’ve dealt with lately. 

• Like 1

I'll say my limited experience has been pretty good with the call center -- the only time I had a really long wait (and used the callback) was when there was a price reduction on a weekend -- not sure if everyone was trying to jump on that, or if they just staffed fewer folks on weekends.

The last time was the morning of the "Free at Sea Plus" premiere, and the representative wasn't familiar with it, but she looked into it and got up to speed in a hurry (she actually said she was going to take advantage of the plan as well).  And, being an accountant, I had already figured out what the updated bill should be (there were add ons that had to be removed so I wasn't paying twice for some things), and it came out to the penny.  Can't argue with that!

4 hours ago, patch216 said:

Hi, just wanted to share that I’ve been quite impressed by customer service so far with NCL.   I’ve cruised many, many times on Royal, but am about four months out from my first one on NCL.   NCL’s responsiveness has made a good impression in two ways as compared to Royal:

1) They seem to stay on top of their call center staffing!   I’ve called a few times and the wait was only 10

minutes — and, they offer the option to call you back when you’re next in queue!

2) I submitted a special needs form about some dietary restrictions (food allergies), and was prepared to wait days or weeks for it to be noted on my reservation.   It was done and communicated to me within 15 minutes!

Wow, go NCL!  

Food allergies SUCK!!! Cruise lines & Disney Parks in IMO do the best job at taking good care of us.