Margaritaville at Hollywood Beach?

Mcgeneseo

Hello! Has anyone stayed at Margaritaville at Hollywood Beach? We are cruising in January 2023 and the prices were so high for the 17th Street/Las Olas area, that I thought I'd give this a try. It's still pricey but right on the Broadwalk and includes beach chairs and bikes and of course, all things Jimmy Buffett. I'd love to hear your thoughts if you've been there. Thanks!

It is only a few years old.  Been thru the lobby.  Really nice,  Water taxi stops at the 5 o'clock bar which faces the Intercoastal.  Contrary to the saying, when I was there several years ago in the morning,  the bar was closed.  Local story was next door to the new Margaritaville Resort was a shorter hotel known for rooftop nude sunbathers.  When some guests complained of the view, Margaritaville did what all smart hotels do, raised the prices on the rooms with "The View".

8 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

It is only a few years old.  Been thru the lobby.  Really nice,  Water taxi stops at the 5 o'clock bar which faces the Intercoastal.  Contrary to the saying, when I was there several years ago in the morning,  the bar was closed.  Local story was next door to the new Margaritaville Resort was a shorter hotel known for rooftop nude sunbathers.  When some guests complained of the view, Margaritaville did what all smart hotels do, raised the prices on the rooms with "The View".

Thank you for your post! I didn't realize it was only a few years old. I haven't been to Hollywood Beach in probably 50 years. I expect it's a little different than I remember! 😁 Smart move about raising the prices...I won't mention anything to hubby.... maybe he won't look out the window...

5 hours ago, Noxequifans said:

Suggest reading reviews in TripAdvisor. Some folks were not pleased with their stay ... others were. 

I know! So hard to know what's really true vs just griping. Someone complained about the flip flop in the lobby and the music and all the drinking establishments. Do you know anything about Jimmy Buffett?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Corby114 said:

If you decide to stay a Margaritaville you have to walk up to Nick's Bar. A great spot for a hamburger and a few cold beers, Just a nice place to spend a few hours.

Thank you for the tip! Sounds like our kind of place!

We've been to Hollywood dozens of times. Margaritaville is my favorite place. We also stay alot at the Marriott, but it's usually only a little cheaper and if you can get a good rate at MV, do it. I loved everything about it. Of course I love Jimmy Buffet, so that helps. But honestly, it was classier than I expected. The rooms are great. We had a cheaper one on the back overlooking the intercoastal and that was great too. Second Nicks! Been there every time since 1986. There's also a great pizza/pasta place called Rocco's across the courtyard from MV. Great food at night but really good, inexpensive breakfast with great outside seating.

8 hours ago, Chasing Summer said:

We've been to Hollywood dozens of times. Margaritaville is my favorite place. We also stay alot at the Marriott, but it's usually only a little cheaper and if you can get a good rate at MV, do it. I loved everything about it. Of course I love Jimmy Buffet, so that helps. But honestly, it was classier than I expected. The rooms are great. We had a cheaper one on the back overlooking the intercoastal and that was great too. Second Nicks! Been there every time since 1986. There's also a great pizza/pasta place called Rocco's across the courtyard from MV. Great food at night but really good, inexpensive breakfast with great outside seating.

Thank you for your post. I like Jimmy too, so I'm excited. Glad to know it's worth considering. We will definitely try Nick's.