Pre-Cruise Testing question

We are likely going to use Rapid Test and Trace for our pre-cruise Covid testing.  We will be leaving home 5 days for our cruise for a pre-cruise vacation.  We are a family of 5.  Any suggestions about home many tests we should bring with us?  Also, are the virtual testing companies accepting expired tests?  I have a ton of tests, but some are expired-but they are in the smaller boxes so easier to transport!  Thanks in advance for any advice!

We are using the government provided tests.  If you have looked at the Rapid Test and Trace website, you'll see a dropdown when asked about which test you are using.  The government test is not listed; I typed it in next to "other", indiated that it was the government test and was accepted.  FYI, that test box is very small.  I plan to pack at least two of them!

Perhaps someone else can answer about expired tests; I have read that many have gotten a three-month extension from the date on the box but can't remember where I read that...and don't want to give you bad info.

Good luck.

Edited by lola2013
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, drb116 said:

I used OnPoint testing and the person I had didn't ask anything about the expiration date. OnPoint worked well for us.

glad to hear that.

You tubers JJ Cruise posted a video of their nightmare with OnPoint so I time will tell.

For me I use Walgreens but I do have the Emed as backup

On 7/26/2022 at 8:50 AM, lola2013 said:

Perhaps someone else can answer about expired tests; I have read that many have gotten a three-month extension from the date on the box but can't remember where I read that...and don't want to give you bad info.

Here's the FDA's site listing the extended dates for the iHealth kits....

https://www.fda.gov/media/158007/download

• Like 1