Suggestions on things to do post POA cruise

da1425

My flight doesn't leave HNL until 3:20pm.

I assume we'll be kicked off the POA around 9am (if not earlier).  What are some suggestions to do in 3-4 hours before we head to the airport?  It'll be for two adults, two children and 4 pieces of luggage.

Thanks in advance.

6 hours ago, da1425 said:

I assume we'll be kicked off the POA around 9am (if not earlier).  What are some suggestions to do in 3-4 hours before we head to the airport?  It'll be for two adults, two children and 4 pieces of luggage.

You most likely have a little bit less time overall than you think but let's assume you have 3 hours. The luggage is really the biggest hindrance here-- you don't really have enough time to go to the airport early, come back to Waikiki, and then head back to the airport. 

Personally I would pick a nice hotel along the beach and make a reservation for breakfast or brunch. The hotel will store your luggage for you and then you can walk along the beach after. Ones that come to mind for this would be Royal Hawaiian, Halekulani, or Moana Surfrider. All of them put out a nice breakfast. I would just make a reservation ahead of time as it will give some legitimacy to you asking the bell desk to store the bags when you arrive. 

• Like 1

I really like the idea above. Since you have luggage with you, having breakfast at Halekulani, the Royal Hawaiian or Moana is about the best thing you can do. Even if you had more time, having luggage with you crimps what you can do.

43 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

You most likely have a little bit less time overall than you think but let's assume you have 3 hours. The luggage is really the biggest hindrance here-- you don't really have enough time to go to the airport early, come back to Waikiki, and then head back to the airport. 

Personally I would pick a nice hotel along the beach and make a reservation for breakfast or brunch. The hotel will store your luggage for you and then you can walk along the beach after. Ones that come to mind for this would be Royal Hawaiian, Halekulani, or Moana Surfrider. All of them put out a nice breakfast. I would just make a reservation ahead of time as it will give some legitimacy to you asking the bell desk to store the bags when you arrive. 

Thanks for the suggestion - I like that idea.  My children are fairly young and a fancy sit down breakfast probably isn't the best option.  Do any of those hotels have a buffet option where the kids have a little more freedom in what they have for breakfast?

Thanks again.

1 hour ago, da1425 said:

Do any of those hotels have a buffet option where the kids have a little more freedom in what they have for breakfast?

---

Duke's Waikiki (in the Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort) has a breakfast buffet option:

• Menu:

https://www.dukeswaikiki.com/menus/breakfast-buffet/

(And after breakfast you're free to enjoy the heart of Waikiki Beach, with your luggage still stowed safely at the hotel until it's time for you to leave for the airport.)

---

Edited by RSS from SF

53 minutes ago, RSS from SF said:

---

Duke's Waikiki (in the Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort) has a breakfast buffet option:

• Menu:

https://www.dukeswaikiki.com/menus/breakfast-buffet/

(And after breakfast you're free to enjoy the heart of Waikiki Beach, with your luggage still stowed safely at the hotel until it's time for you to leave for the airport.)

---

---
FYI, 556 reviews of the Duke's Waikiki breakfast buffet on Yelp:

Photo of Duke's Waikiki - Honolulu, HI, United States

---

Edited by RSS from SF

16 hours ago, da1425 said:

My children are fairly young and a fancy sit down breakfast probably isn't the best option.  Do any of those hotels have a buffet option where the kids have a little more freedom in what they have for breakfast?

Like I said above, Halekulani and their House Without A Key is wonderful. The Royal Hawaiian has sort of a hybrid buffet-- most things are from a walk up buffet and then you have the option to order an entree that is served to you. 

Regardless-- any of the above suggestions, nothing is fancy or formal and would be highly appropriate and comfortable for kids. Even the "fanciest" places in Hawaii are incredibly laid back by most standards and anything along the beach in Waikiki fits the profile of a family friendly resort. 

• Like 1