Honolulu luau

georgiacat

Waikiki has a new luau, the Queen's Luau at the International Marketplace. It is getting good reviews and is certainly easy.

https://queenswaikikiluau.com/authentic-luau/

If you have a DOD connection, the Hale Koa Luau in Waikiki is great.

https://www.halekoa.com/experiences/events/hale-koa-luau

Close to Waikiki and very good is Experience Nutridge.

https://www.experiencenutridge.com/

I would choose one of these three over Paradise Cove, Chief's Luau, Toa Luau (Waimea Valley) or Ka Moana Luau on convenience, if nothing else.

Germaine's has slipped from where it once was and the 'Aha'aina at the Royal Hawaiian is too formal.

The only luau I'd leave the Waikiki area for during a cruise trip is the PCC if I was going to the PCC to see everything else. I would not make the trip to PCC, just for the luau.

• Like 1

One more.

The old Hilton Hawaiian Village luau used to be great, but then they build a parking garage where the luau grounds used to be and they moved the luau to the top of the parking garage. Not a slick move.

But past Covid they got the message and moved the luau back to a grassy area in the resort. I've heard zero feedback about it, but it is another one in Waikiki and convenience counts for a lot.

https://www.hiltonhawaiianvillage.com/luau

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/23/2022 at 12:10 AM, scottca075 said:

Waikiki has a new luau, the Queen's Luau at the International Marketplace. It is getting good reviews and is certainly easy.

https://queenswaikikiluau.com/authentic-luau/

If you have a DOD connection, the Hale Koa Luau in Waikiki is great.

https://www.halekoa.com/experiences/events/hale-koa-luau

Close to Waikiki and very good is Experience Nutridge.

https://www.experiencenutridge.com/

I would choose one of these three over Paradise Cove, Chief's Luau, Toa Luau (Waimea Valley) or Ka Moana Luau on convenience, if nothing else.

Germaine's has slipped from where it once was and the 'Aha'aina at the Royal Hawaiian is too formal.

The only luau I'd leave the Waikiki area for during a cruise trip is the PCC if I was going to the PCC to see everything else. I would not make the trip to PCC, just for the luau.

How far is the Queen's Laua from the port?  Thanks.  Great info.

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Ref611 said:

Anyone with a review of the PCC Luau after attending Planning on going end of March 2023

TIA

Are you going to the PCC and tour around and then staying for the luau? I probably would not drive out just for the luau. What I would do is tour PCC, eat dinner at the Hukilau Marketplace at PCC and just pay for the show, without the luau dinner.  

• Like 2

Related question (I hope...) I've heard that it gets cool in the evening and a sweater isn't a bad idea for a luau - is this true? I'm specifically asking about mid- June but others may wonder about different times of the year. And specifically for you, Scottca075, since Nutridge is in a higher elevation, I assume the evening is quite likely to be cool there?

(We're from FL so "cool" means low 60's and below... That may be a heat wave to others!  🙂 )

2 hours ago, mooline said:

Related question (I hope...) I've heard that it gets cool in the evening and a sweater isn't a bad idea for a luau - is this true? I'm specifically asking about mid- June but others may wonder about different times of the year. And specifically for you, Scottca075, since Nutridge is in a higher elevation, I assume the evening is quite likely to be cool there?

(We're from FL so "cool" means low 60's and below... That may be a heat wave to others!  🙂 )

It does get "cool", meaning mid 60's in Winter, but in Summer (mid June to mid October) the temperature seldom dips below 70°, more like 75° for an overnight low, especially at the height of Summer.

BUT, I'd still take a sweater/sweatshirt since when the temp drops from 86° to 72°, even 72° feels cold.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, floridababa said:

It leaves at 11

Any of the luaus in Waikiki will be done around 8:30PM and cabs are easy to get.

You can literally walk to the Ka Moana Luau from Pier 2.

https://goo.gl/maps/cRp3oiGE9vAnSkee9

Going to Experience Nutridge, you be back well before sailing too.

https://experiencenutridge.com/

For those who have done PCC, I'm seeing that there's a Luau during dinner option and the Ha: Breath of Life show after. Two shows in one night seems like a lot, plus DS and DD won't eat if they're distracted. Are we missing a lot if we don't do the Ali'i package?

5 hours ago, carohs said:

For those who have done PCC, I'm seeing that there's a Luau during dinner option and the Ha: Breath of Life show after. Two shows in one night seems like a lot, plus DS and DD won't eat if they're distracted. Are we missing a lot if we don't do the Ali'i package?

We skipped the luau.

The Gateway Buffet & HA show package was enough for us. 

Or just do the Island/HA package and graze around the Market Place.  

• Like 1

There are a lot of options with PCC.  We did the luau with show and the HA, Breath of Life show last week.  We were finished by 9 pm with everything.  Back to hotel by 10:30 by bus provided by PCC.  We chose to use their transportation option instead of renting a car.  If you do not stay for HA, you will be finished earlier, about 6:30 pm.

The food at the Aloha luau was delicious.  The show was great.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Queens Laua was mentioned.  We have never been to a laua before so questions: We are both picky eaters!!

Can you pick the items off the menu that you want or are you served everything in a box? 

Also, I noticed there are separate  prices for front row, middle row and back row-- Does it really make a difference? Thanks for all the info

• 2 weeks later...

We're in Hawaii, on the Pride of America right now, so I’m able to give a legit review of several experiences including a Honolulu luau.

Experience Nutridge is everything that’s been posted here and more! Six of us ranging in age from 6 to 70 had a fantastic time! We opted for the luau provided transportation and the van was right on time at our pickup point very close to our hotel. There is a distinct family feel, aided by the relatively small number of guests, 80 or so.

The performances were all very educational, beautiful and fun. There were activities before dinner… leaf bracelet making, henna tattoos, spear throwing, and Hawaiian bowling. We had hula lessons as well! There was ample time to wander the breathtakingly beautiful grounds.

The food was outstanding and "seconds" were provided. Everything was authentic Hawaiian, including roast pig, chicken, taro-wrapped purple sweet potatoes, and more. We were SO impressed  that the staff took time at the end for special recognition of veterans and active military in the audience.

And, remarkably, there was absolutely zero pitch, overt or subtle, for tips.It truly felt like a wonderful dinner and socializing time with a large extended family!

• Like 2

On 6/12/2023 at 9:15 PM, D & S said:

Queens Laua was mentioned.  We have never been to a laua before so questions: We are both picky eaters!!

Can you pick the items off the menu that you want or are you served everything in a box? 

Also, I noticed there are separate  prices for front row, middle row and back row-- Does it really make a difference? Thanks for all the info

If you are picky eaters, I'd pick a buffet, not a dinner where you are served.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2023 at 11:15 AM, mooline said:

We're in Hawaii, on the Pride of America right now, so I’m able to give a legit review of several experiences including a Honolulu luau.

Experience Nutridge is everything that’s been posted here and more! Six of us ranging in age from 6 to 70 had a fantastic time! We opted for the luau provided transportation and the van was right on time at our pickup point very close to our hotel. There is a distinct family feel, aided by the relatively small number of guests, 80 or so.

What time did you get dropped off at the end of the show?